WATERS has been a family-owned business for over 80 years (currently in its 4th generation), opening our doors in 1938. We are a dealer for International Trucks and IC School Buses (Diamond Edge Certified), Collins Buses, Maintainer Service Trucks/Bodies, Jerr-Dan Wreckers/Carriers, Idealease Truck Rental/Leasing, several different Trailer Lines, HuntVe UTVs, Ranch King Hunting Blinds, and all the parts and services that go with them. We also have several contracts for plant and facilities maintenance. WATERS has 7 locations around Mississippi and as we continue to go, we're looking to add dedicated team members to become a part of our family!
We are seeking a Service Manager to join our team.
The Service Department is an integral and vital part of the dealership, and the manner in which it builds open, honest, trusting relationships with customers and other departments is essential to the dealership’s success. The Service Manager takes the lead role in managing an efficient and profitable Service Department through productive staffing, customer retention, technician training and quality workmanship while improving productivity and reducing costs in order to meet objectives. This position is crucial to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by performing duties in accordance with current vendor practices and our company’s policies and procedures.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Weekly Pay
- Performance Based Incentive Pay
- 401K Program + Company Contribution
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance (paid by Waters)
- Telehealth Access (paid by Waters)
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance option
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Option
- Growth Opportunities
- Family Owned and Operated
Accountabilities: This position is responsible for --
- Ensuring Service Department growth and profitability.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with all International and vendor policies and warranty procedures.
- Reviewing and signing off on all Service Department outside purchases charged to the Service Department or a customer repair order.
- Reviewing warranty performance statements monthly.
- Reviewing warranty charge backs with Warranty Administrator weekly.
- Reviewing the over 60 days warranty debits weekly to ensure payment.
- Reviewing open repair orders to ensure closure and payment.
- Attending International’s Parts and Service Managers annual meeting.
- Maintaining high quality service repairs to minimize comebacks.
- Ensuring that all work is fairly and equally assigned.
- Investigating the progress of vehicle completion by conducting periodic spot checks of all jobs throughout the day to ensure timely repairs, quality workmanship and cleanliness.
- Keeping abreast of all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- Providing current manufacturers’ vendor training courses for technicians and service staff.
- Reviewing random completed repair orders, noting technician comments, technician sign off, repair completion and road test completion.
- Understanding and keeping abreast of all federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment in all service areas.
- Ensuring that current and required tools are purchased as necessary.
- Holding daily staff and technician huddles and any other meetings as needed.
- Explaining completed work and charges to the customer if required.
- Interviewing potential Service Department employees
- Ensuring the service staff members are performing their duties as outlined in the appropriate job descriptions.
- Seeking out and securing new service business
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
Must embody and promote the WATERS Family Values in daily activities and management of the department. These values are:
- Customers, Integrity, Employees, Team, B.O.B Excellence, Empowerment, Accessibility, and Safety.
- Click HERE for more information on the WATERS Family Values
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Additional training in heavy duty trucks required. Combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Experience in heavy-duty truck/engine repair and installation.
- Prior experience in management is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose service issues and resolve complaints.
- Ability to listen, communicate effectively and resolve conflict with customers, employees, and co-workers.
- Experience in employee supervision and personnel administration preferably in a service technician environment.
- Ability to develop written estimates and quote bids and schedule jobs.
- Ability to read instructions, work orders, and specifications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate personal computer and business applications.
- Goal oriented, results focused.
- Must be customer-sensitive and able to listen, understand and communicate professionally with all customers, both external and internal.
- Promote continuous improvement within the department.
- Capability of learning and maintaining a high degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities, and be responsive and flexible to best serve the issue at hand.
- Must have the ability to accept and react to change and lead others in a similar positive direction.
- Must have superior problem-solving skills to achieve a win-win solution.
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and evaluate all vendor warranty guidelines.
- Strive for respect and facilitate teamwork in the department and throughout the dealership
Additional Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Experience with Microsoft programs and applications currently in use at this location.
- Good organizational skills
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) to operate and road test customer vehicles when needed.
- Knowledge of dealer and fleet maintenance procedures and systems.
- Willingness to pursue self-development courses applicable to the job.
- Working knowledge of International and supplier/vendor warranty policies.
- Meeting monthly and year-to-date performance figures
- Meeting any other performance goals as determined by senior leadership
This is not necessarily a list of all of the duties, responsibilities and requirements associated with this position. While the accountabilities noted herein are intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties as circumstances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......