Corporate Relations Manager - Full-time
The Morton Arboretum is a world-renowned nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and growing trees locally and globally. Join the team as a key member that supports growing philanthropic revenue to support the Arboretum’s mission. We are seeking an experienced fundraiser to grow the pipeline of support from corporate partners resulting in ongoing financial revenue. The successful candidate should enjoy being part of a fast-paced and driven setting, and have prior experience developing fundraising strategies to secure corporate grants and sponsorships that support annual fund, restricted campaigns and programming. You’ll be part of a great team working together to make the Arboretum exceptional.
Position Summary: Manage all elements of the Arboretum’s corporate giving program, including sponsorship, program support and the corporate partner program. Lead and work collaboratively across the institution to write effective proposals and reports to maximize funding opportunities. Manage a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects, qualify funders and cultivate new gifts, and contribute to overall institutional giving goals.
- Partner with the Director of Institutional and Public Giving to set and meet annual fundraising goals and support a comprehensive program that matches corporate interest with appropriate channels and engagement opportunities. Evaluate potential prospects and track activity and donor interaction of corporate donors and prospects in the Salesforce database.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects for sponsorship, program and annual operating revenue. Effectively manage, cultivate, solicit, and steward funders, with emphasis on the ability to identify Arboretum programs and initiatives that match the funders interests, develop/submit proposals, and execute deliverables.
- Engage Arboretum leadership, program staff and researchers in the strategic cultivation and stewardship of priority prospects.
- Produce monthly budget variance reports and keep revenue/pipeline tracking updated to ensure corporate revenue goals are met.
- Work across the institution to maintain, track, and execute all sponsorship deliverables and supporter recognition. Communicate fulfillment to funders.
- Collaborate with marketing and communication colleagues to establish streamlined sponsorship and recognition implementation strategies, and continuously review processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and impact.
- Coordinate and support corporate priority programs and events such as cultivation and stewardship events, corporate volunteer events, Corporate Partner Day, exhibition receptions, and other Arboretum events, as needed.
- Demonstrate alignment with the Arboretum’s employee core values to be inclusive, take ownership, work together, keep learning and make the Arboretum exceptional.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. 5+ years of demonstrated successful sponsorship, sales, corporate giving or similar experience, strong research, writing and editing, and verbal communication skills required. Experience using database systems, with prior experience using a fundraising software preferred. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and experience with Google applications beneficial. Must possess a valid driver’s license, which is subject to insurability and an annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report.
Success Factors: Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner. Customer service oriented, with the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in dealing with both internal and external constituents and their requests. Comfortable representing the organization confidently and professionally. Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize independently and successfully meet the demands and deadlines of multiple projects. A commitment to, and ability to effectively convey, the Arboretum’s mission with genuine passion, and the willingness to continually learn about the programs and mission.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 10 lbs.), and occasional travel around the Arboretum grounds and locally.
- Work Environment: Office environment. Work is primarily performed indoors with occasional outdoors activity.
- Equipment: General office equipment, Arboretum golf cart.
- Schedule: Position may require occasional extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
For full consideration, please include resume and cover letter with application.
The Morton Arboretum is a champion for diversity, supporting a culture of inclusion that attracts, inspires, and engages people to achieve success. The Arboretum is committed to hire and develop employees based on job-related qualifications irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status. To increase diversity in professions related to the public garden realm, we encourage applications from underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The Morton Arboretum is dedicated to complying with our obligations as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are guaranteed equal consideration for employment.
Loading Job Application......