Marketing Coordinator - Full-time
The Morton Arboretum is a world-renowned nonprofit with a unique opportunity for a creative self-starter with an interest in trees, nature, and conservation. We’re seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has experience with email and marketing automation programs, creating content for emails and other marketing tactics, and developing multichannel promotional plans. You’ll be part of a talented Marketing and Communications team, working in a business casual office, with 1,700 acres of nature and beauty outside your office door.
Position Summary: Provide support for The Morton Arboretum’s integrated marketing communications that attract and engage audiences and heighten brand awareness. Coordinate multichannel marketing plans and create brand-appropriate promotional copy for various marketing campaigns. Facilitate email marketing and paid social media advertising efforts.
- Coordinate promotional and integrated marketing plans for Arboretum exhibitions, events, and programs.
- Implement the Arboretum’s email marketing tactics, including content creation, layout development, list management, performance measurement, and fulfillment of cross-departmental email marketing needs.
- Write, edit, and proofread effective, branded marketing copy, incorporating key messages and strategies, for use in all communication channels.
- Partner with the Design team for campaign creative development.
- Use the project management system to track project planning, implementation, and results. Create and maintain updated project files.
- Facilitate the Arboretum’s paid social media advertising efforts in partnership with the Public Relations and Web teams.
- Research competitors and other market factors, and assist with audience research and data collection to measure the success of Arboretum marketing efforts.
- Coordinate promotional activities and provide marketing support to staff members who represent the Arboretum at community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. 2+ years of relevant experience required, including marketing and advertising project management. Exceptional writing/editing/proofreading skills, and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously required. Working knowledge of marketing tactics and how to use them effectively required. Demonstrated skills in logical thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving required. Advanced ability to create and update spreadsheets required. Must be proficient with email marketing tools (MailChimp, Act-On, or similar programs) and key social media platforms—familiarity with Google software, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, and Survey Monkey.
Success Factors: Positive, collaborative attitude with the ability to work to deadline, often under pressure. Curiosity about new communication channels and opportunities, as well as the social trends that inform them. Ability to develop and foster positive relationships with interdepartmental partners. Emphasis on teamwork and supporting others. Confident, comfortable public demeanor with strong verbal skills. Detail-oriented, flexible, and self-directed. Ability to balance creative and strategic thinking, and sustain complex collaborations. Customer service oriented with the ability to relate effectively with persons internal and external to the Arboretum. Ability to embrace and align with the organization’s employee core values to be inclusive, take ownership, work together, keep learning, and make the Arboretum exceptional.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: it is necessary to operate a computer for prolonged periods on a daily basis, limited carrying and lifting (up to 25 lbs.), some local travel.
- Work Environment: Office environment. Work is performed primarily indoors, with some outdoors or offsite activity for public events. This position is designated as a hybrid-eligible position, allowing for some work to be performed off premise, during regular hours of work.
- Equipment: General office equipment, digital camera, tablets, scanner.
- Schedule: Position may require occasional weekend or evening hours.
For full consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
The Morton Arboretum is a champion for diversity, supporting a culture of inclusion that attracts, inspires, and engages people to achieve success. The Arboretum is committed to hire and develop employees based on job-related qualifications irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status. To increase diversity in professions related to the public garden realm, we encourage applications from underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The Morton Arboretum is dedicated to complying with our obligations as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are guaranteed equal consideration for employment.
Loading Job Application......