Preschool Center Operations Director
Are you passionate about working with young children and helping them learn, explore, develop and achieve their maximum potential? Do you want to join a team of motivated educators and want to play a critical role in nurturing children and preparing them in becoming lifelong learners? Are you compassionate & collaborative and are looking to form lasting relations with children, colleagues and families? If so, The Goddard School, Watertown, MA could be the right fit for you.
The Goddard School of Watertown is a premier early childhood center that offers the best preparation for social, physical and academic success for children 6 weeks to 6 years. Our renowned curriculum and philosophy is inspired by Piaget and Erikson and focuses on play based learning. We want to attract and retain the best educators by providing them a supportive & collaborative culture and the tools they need to be successful in their respective roles.
- Planning and organizing activities that meets the goals of the School, including policies, enrollment, staffing, curriculum and administration & marketing.
- Managing the School’s operations including classroom and center supplies and budget.
- Managing vendors including selection, operational and functional relationships.
- Collaborating with the admin team in maintaining appropriate staff levels for enrollment in accordance with school policies and state regulations.
- Working with the admin team in parent interaction, orientation and problem solving.
- Maintaining records pertaining to the administration of the School in accordance with state requirements in health, enrollment, and safety and licensing.
- Developing plans for the use and care of space and School equipment.
- Planning and enhancing community relations to promote community awareness of the School and its educational offerings.
- Participating in recommended training programs, conferences and other aspects of professional development.
- Other business tasks as assigned
- Arriving each day with a positive outlook and a great sense of humor
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field (will consider an Associates degree or higher with relevant management experience)
- A current CDA or Early Childhood Teaching Credential, and an additional 12 semester hours or continuing education units in courses related to young children birth to age 8 and 2 years (3120 clock hours) of experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool, and 1 year of management experience
- Management experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool
- Minimum of 18 ECE credits
- Director II Certification
- Must be able to work between the hours of 7:00AM – 6:00PM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Meet the state qualifications and those set forth in the national hiring standards including-
- Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
- Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
- Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
- Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
- Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
The Goddard School of Watertown offers full time employees competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Career Advancement and Coaching
The Goddard School of Watertown is an EOE
Loading Job Application......