The Chanler at Cliff Walk is seeking a seasonal server to join our team in beautiful Newport, Rhode Island.
Built in 1873, The Chanler is an iconic boutique hotel leading the way in blending Newport’s gilded age with modern luxury. While the property boasts twenty uniquely designed guest rooms, two restaurants, and multiple seasonal outlets, it is the passion, sincerity and professionalism of the employees that keep guests returning year after year.
Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to hospitality, you will find The Chanler is a talented collection of professionals who take pride in their work, are team spirited, and above all provide an exceptional experience to our guests.
As an seasonal server you will experience the magic of the changing seasons with a view of Easton’s Bay from your work station. Our seasonal servers bring the magic to life by serving in The Chanler’s most creative venues.
- Describes outlet menu items, methods of preparation, and knows dishes allergy alerts
- Serves food and beverage to guests, maintaining COVID safe protocols and health guidelines
- Upsells food and beverage items in a tactful manner with established service standards
- Preforms pre- and post-shift side work, stock service station, sets up outlet properly
- Calculates and receives guest payment in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures guest satisfaction and reports to management if necessary
- Follows company policy and procedure, must be 18 to serve alcohol
- Maintains a professional appearance, adhering to dress code
- Able to stand for long periods of time outdoors
- Follows management/supervisor direction for other duties assigned
What we are looking for:
This is a seasonal position that has opportunity for growth and the potential for long term employment.
Must possess a guest first service outlook, positive attitude, team player mentality, strong desire to grow and learn in the hospitality industry.
Loading Job Application......