Join our team as an engineering manager and become the ultimate journey curator for the guest experience. The ideal candidate will be experienced in general and preventative maintenance, have basic carpentry skills, have a team player attitude, and enjoy a fast-paced work environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
The Chanler, reimagined as a magnificent, stately manor residence, extends a warm welcome to guests as a peaceful enclave from bustling Newport, Rhode Island, inviting guests to relish in the building's storied architecture, chic-European dining options, and gracious hospitality.
Built in 1873 as a summer home for John Winthrop Chanler, the property exudes history while maintaining the current charm of a regal residence. As a double Forbes five-star property, the mansion draws admirers worldwide by authentically cultivating the guest experience with elegance and natural refinement.
To make an impact on a guest's journey by creating memories that last a lifetime. Mansion household staff are the key journey curators, responsible for creating a sense of place and personalization for each guest. We achieve this by working in a collaborative environment, providing training while encouraging an unscripted narrative to tell the brand story and sharing a passion for the heart of hospitality.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision for employees, families, and partners
- Free Parking
- Uniforms Included
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Bonus
- Seasonal Staff Meals
Including but not limited to:
- Responsible to lead and develop a team, projects, contractors, and budgets.
- Performs general maintenance to guestrooms promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining the general condition of the hotel, guestrooms, and grounds in regards to basic repairs in Carpentry, Plumbing, Mechanics, minor Electrical, HVAC, Painting and Landscaping.
- Participates in the company's preventative maintenance program for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, and landscaping.
- Perform general carpentry and repair furniture and structures such as cabinets, tables, windows, doors, and chairs.
- Works on special projects assigned by management.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the work areas.
- Tour hotel and guestrooms daily, identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping, or other departmental actions.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow-up is necessary too.
- Must be attentive, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and all other team members.
- Has a basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work regularly, which requires weekends.
- Banquet Event setup and breakdown.
- Snow removal with a plow and/or shovel.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Full list of responsibilities upon request.
- Skilled in some the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Carpentry, Dry Walling, Painting, Plumbing, Roofing, and Landscaping.
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in a maintenance environment.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience preferred in a commercial maintenance environment.
- Effective verbal, written, and comprehension of the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to work in confined spaces when necessary.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and climb a ladder.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Long hours are sometimes required.
- Nights and weekends are required.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights and weekends, while also being on-call.
Loading Job Application......