Join our team as a valet and become the ultimate journey curator for the guest experience. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring smooth parking services as well as the transferring and/or storing of guest luggage and assisting/responding to all guest requests.
The Chanler, reimagined as a magnificent, stately manor residence, extends a warm welcome to guests as a peaceful enclave from bustling Newport, Rhode Island, inviting guests to relish in the building's storied architecture, chic-European dining options, and gracious hospitality.
Built in 1873 as a summer home for John Winthrop Chanler, the property exudes history while maintaining the current charm of a regal residence. As a double Forbes five-star property, the mansion draws admirers worldwide by authentically cultivating the guest experience with elegance and natural refinement.
To make an impact on a guest's journey by creating memories that last a lifetime. Mansion household staff are the key journey curators, responsible for creating a sense of place and personalization for each guest. We achieve this by working in a collaborative environment, providing training while encouraging an unscripted narrative to tell the brand story and by sharing a passion for the heart of hospitality.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision for employees, families, and partners
- Free Parking
- Uniforms Included
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Bonus
- Seasonal Staff Meals
Including but not limited to:
- Provide Valet service's to all guests of The Chanler at Cliff Walk
- Retrieve and transport guest luggage
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Organize and store luggage
- Ensure that the management/leadership team is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and/or other departments
- Assist with room moves, special luggage deliveries, and/or pulls, and attend to the main lobby and front door as needed
- Piloting the property-designated vehicles to and from destinations within the Newport area as needed
- Full list of responsibilities upon request
- Must be available for working a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Previous hotel, restaurant, or customer service experience is preferred
- Ability to drive an automobile with a standard (5/6 speed) transmission
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 60 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
Loading Job Application......