Join our team as a full-time pastry cook and become the ultimate journey curator for the guest's apres dining experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and grow, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, discipline, and dedication.
The Chanler reimagined as a magnificent, stately manor residence, extends a warm welcome to guests as a peaceful enclave from bustling Newport, Rhode Island, inviting guests to relish in the building's storied architecture, chic-European dining options, and gracious hospitality.
Built in 1873 as a summer home for John Winthrop Chanler, the property exudes history while maintaining the current charm of a regal residence. As a double Forbes five-star property, the mansion draws admirers worldwide by authentically cultivating the guest experience with elegance and natural refinement.
To make an impact on a guest's journey by creating memories that last a lifetime. Mansion household staff are the key journey curators, responsible for creating a sense of place and personalization for each guest. We achieve this by working in a collaborative environment, providing training while encouraging an unscripted narrative to tell the brand story and by share a passion for the heart of hospitality.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision for employees, families, and partners
- Free Parking
- Uniforms Included
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Referral Bonus
- Seasonal Staff Meals
Including but not limited to:
- Reports directly to Sous Chef/Executive Chef-Ensures all measures necessary to deliver genuine hospitality with a unique experience to all guests
- Executes all recipes according to standards set in place & training guidelines established by Culinary Management
- Maintains a sanitary station/kitchen environment at all times
- Produces consistent product based on established standards
- Exercises empowerment to take corrective action if noticing something that does not adhere to set standards
- Ensures par levels are adhered to
- Adheres to proper storage of all ingredients
- Assists with daily preparations & execution of all dishes pertaining to assigned station
- Accurately conveys necessary information to Sous Chef/CDC as necessary
- Receives & puts away orders adhering to proper rotation (FIFO) & established standards
- All aspects of work & food handling adhere to all safety and sanitation procedures in accordance with Newport County Health Codes and HACCP plans
- Displays a desire to learn, grow, & excel through quality execution & follow-through
- Displays a “Guest First” attitude & conducts themselves accordingly
- Works effectively independently & with a team-oriented mentality for success
- Always operates with a sense of urgency
- Full list of responsibilities upon request
Loading Job Application......