Position Title: Religious Education Coordinator - Holy Family Catholic Church, Kansas City MO
Classification: Exempt, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Pastor
Position Objective: This position assists the pastor with the development, coordination and supervision of all parish religious education and sacrament preparation programs geared toward pre-kindergarten through 8th grade students and encourages parental involvement in these programs.
Benefits: The parish offers medical, dental and vision benefits, fully paid short- & long-term disability and life, a 403(b) plan, and a defined benefit pension plan. Generous paid time off in the form of vacation, sick, and holidays are also included.
- Develop and coordinate the parish religious education program for children.
- Provide faith formation activities for all children of the parish in conjunction with their parents or guardians.
- Maintain age appropriate curricula for pre-kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Develop and coordinate sacrament preparation programs for baptism, 1st Reconciliation and 1st Communion in partnership with parents or guardians.
- Develop and implement the summer formation program for children.
- Recruit, train and supervise catechists for all children’s programs.
- Ensure that required youth protection programs are completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exercise strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Promote a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
- Conduct oneself with honesty and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies or related field.
- 5 years’ experience teaching/facilitating religious education programs.
- Evening and weekend availability.
- Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church.
Note: All employees are required to acknowledge and sign the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry policy.
Loading Job Application......