Chemical Laboratory Technician
We’re Syzygy. We exist right at the convergence of the seemingly impossible—where energy and everyday chemicals are made from light instead of heat.
It’s called photocatalysis, and yes, that’s a crazy word, but it’s the crazy truth—we discovered a clean energy solution that can reduce carbon emissions. At scale, it’s easier-to-operate, cleaner—and cheaper than any other technology that makes chemicals better.
Which means more people will adopt it.
Changing the world doesn’t work until everyone can see how it works with their everyday reality. We’re pioneers of a practical solution that will save time, money and the earth—right now and in the future. Join a culture that’s rooted in a mission and vision that provides an answer. We strongly support diversity and love people with the ambition to try and make a big change in the world.
Job Summary: We are looking for a Chemical Laboratory Technician to help us develop and scale up our photocatalyst and reactor technologies. As integral part of our laboratory team, you will support Syzygy Plasmonics in reaching our objectives to reduce both cost and carbon emissions for major commodity chemicals, including hydrogen and fertilizers.
- Prepare and conduct photocatalytic laboratory and pilot-scale experiments under direction of Project Lead / Chemical Engineer
- Accurately and reliably capture test details into data system
- Conduct routine validation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Assist in the setting up of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Assist in general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and assist in developing new ones
- May get involved with synthesis and analysis of photocatalyst materials
- BA/BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent working experience
- 3+ years experience working with chemicals in a laboratory
- Demonstrated record of working safely with chemicals and flammable gases, and safely operating laboratory equipment at elevated temperatures and pressures
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Polite persistence and collaboration skills to ensure on-time, high quality results
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience as laboratory safety champion or Chemical Hygiene Officer
- Experience in experimental catalysis and basic knowledge of catalysis
- Experience with one or more of the following: GC, XRD, FTIR, UV/Vis spectroscopy, chemical synthesis & scale up, nanomaterials, troubleshooting laboratory / pilot-scale equipment
- Ability to set up LabView programs would be a distinct advantage
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Loading Job Application......