Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is developing a novel photocatalytic platform that has the potential for dramatically more efficient and sustainable manufacturing of chemicals, fuels, and fertilizers. The technology, which is based on ground-breaking photocatalyst research at Rice University, has the potential to revolutionize the energy and chemical industries by reducing the energy usage, cost, and carbon emission compared to traditional fossil fuel-based heat-powered chemical manufacturing processes. The company is supported by top venture capital investors, strategic corporate investors, and federal funding.
Job Summary: Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring a Product Development Manager to join our team to lead the development of a disruptive new electrified reactor that will be utilized in early field trials and eventually reach broad commercialization. The position reports to the Chief Commercial/VP Technology while interfacing with VP, Operations and VP, Commercialization. This person will directly contribute towards the development of Syzygy’s revolutionary new technology and drive sustainability in the chemical manufacturing industry. You will be responsible for leading the development and lifecycle management of physical products from concept to launch and beyond. You will collaborate with various teams to ensure products meet customer needs, achieve business objectives, and are delivered on time and within budget. Syzygy has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help decarbonize chemicals. And we’re seizing it. Join us.
Seniority Level: Mid-level Career
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent (Based in Houston, TX)
- Lead reactor development process to rapidly-produce a first prototype for testing - use feedback from testing to improve the product for field trials and full commercialization
- Develop necessary/desirable product attributes based on customer requirements
- Evaluate options based on cost/schedule/performance and provide guidance to technical team
- Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure success
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs, market trends, and potential opportunities.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and manufacturing teams to ensure product concepts are translated into feasible and cost-effective solutions.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to create go-to-market plans, product positioning, and promotional strategies.
- Monitor product performance in the market and identify opportunities for product enhancements or updates.
- 8+ years experience in product engineering/development/management
- Proven track record for leading the design of highly complex technical products for the energy industry
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and market trends to make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with product development processes and manufacturing considerations.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance standards for physical products.
- Ability to influence C-Suite around product related decisions
- Able to thrive in a dynamic team and a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in product management, preferably in physical products or consumer electronics.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, marketing, or a related field. A technical background might be preferred for more complex products.
- Broad familiarity with a range of engineering disciplines: Chemical, Mechanical, & Electrical
- Knowledge of emerging energy fields like hydrogen, e-fuels etc
- Experience in a plant or field environment
- Experience with new technology development/manufacturing/deployment
- MBA/Business degree
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
Loading Job Application......