Junk Removal Driver/Loader
Get ready to live! Seattle Rubbish Removal is looking for a new crew member for working out on the trucks loading trucks and helping clear it out spaces for people all around town.
We are seeking driver candidates at this time.
Full time or part time positions available.
We offer health insurance for full time employees, paid vacation time, and 401K.
What is great about this job?
1. You are the captain of your ship. You and your partner are out and around town as an autonomous crew getting jobs done.
2. You have lots of variety day to day. Different neighborhoods. Different customers. Different types of loads.
3. You get to use your head and work out best choices in organizing your loads for easiest recycle/donation/dump options.
4. You're moving and lifting, getting exercise rather than sitting or standing in one spot all day. There's a good mix between the physical work and rest times.
5. There are opportunities for you to take home treasures.
6. It is very rewarding: the reaction you get from all the customers grateful for your help.
7. A family atmosphere here.
We are looking for someone who can drive the trucks, works hard, has a good attitude, and gets satisfaction from leaving a place more spiffy than you found it.
- Serve as driver and sometimes navigator on the trucks
- Load debris onto your truck (must be comfortable performing heavy lifting)
- Communicate with customers at various stages of the job
- Sorting and transporting loads to various recycling/donation/transfer sites around town
- Have a positive attitude and helpful nature toward customers.
Pay and Benefits:
- Pay range: $23-$26/hour
- Health insurance (including dental, vision, and life)
- Earned paid vacation up to 1 week per year
- 401K matching after 1 year
- Overtime opportunity
On typical jobs, you and your partner may have to do something as simple as load up a refrigerator or couch, or as demanding as empty out an entire house. Some days are tough. Some days are cake. Some perks of the job are that you can sometimes take home treasures that customers toss out, and you get to drive all over town for lots of variety. If you aren't already, you'll become an expert on the streets, neighborhoods, recycling centers, donation sites, and transfer stations around the greater Seattle area.
For drivers we need an individual who has a valid driver's license and a reasonably clean driving record to be insurable. You should feel comfortable driving a truck like what you might find as a typical U-Haul box truck.
Besides a good attitude you must be able to lift heavy objects with a partner. For example: carrying a refrigerator or a sleeper sofa.
Former moving or junk removal experience a plus.
Loading Job Application......