Welcome to Rover-Time. We're a local, small business made up of a close-knit team that customizes pet care for busy homes across Chicago. We're focused on providing the safest, most detail-obsessed, professional dog walking and pet sitting in the city.
We would like to hire ONE teammate to fill a position in E. Albany Park before the winter holidays but will happily work with your need for time off.
As an employee of Rover-Time you will be eligible to receive:
- Flexibility to work with your schedule and maintain a good work/life balance.
- Enjoy the perks of being an EMPLOYEE, including Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used as vacation, personal, or sick days.
- Because we assist in withholding federal and state taxes for you, come tax season you will not need to pay the government $1000's of dollars (which will happen if you take a position as an Independent Contractor with another dog walking company that doesn't hire employees).
- We offer time and a half for working on company-recognized holidays and a higher hourly compensation during off-hours and weekends.
- Compensation for your time when you are asked to attend meetings and training sessions.
- Increases in your wage rate and special incentives and recognition for a job well done.
- Access to 24/7 support from our leadership team, including vet assistance resources.
- Extensive training & education - we’ll help you be the best you can be!
- Coverage under Rover-Time's workers' compensation insurance policy as well as its general liability insurance policy.
Our team culture is something we take a lot of pride in! Although our walkers work solo in the field, they have the support of a fully staffed office and team of fellow walkers behind them. We have fun and we love our work. We are looking for an animal lover that values honesty, kindness, and accountability on the job. Someone that jumps in, who is warm with others, and is up for anything when it comes to their day-to-day.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Displaying genuine love, compassion, and patience for all animals while ensuring each dog is getting exercise and potty breaks during your visits.
- Making a long-term commitment (at least 7 months).
- Must be physically capable of walking at least 8 miles a day and be able to walk up and down steps.
- Ensuring the safety of the dogs you are walking and those (humans and dogs) around them.
- Removing pet waste.
It's our job to deliver skillful, safe, conscientious, and compassionate care to all animals entrusted to us, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well-being, and placing their welfare above all other considerations. We uphold the principle of doing no harm to the animals in our care, to ensure that every dog we work with returns home safely, every time.
- Live in Chicago, ideally near the neighborhood you wish to serve.
- Own a reliable Smartphone with internet access.
- Own an insured car or are considered an avid biker with winter biking experience (CTA is not an option, unfortunately).
- Be at least 21 years old and love working outdoors, in all weather.
- Able to pass a federally compliant background screening.
- Previous pet care experience is preferred; ideally, dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a doggy daycare, kennel, or veterinarian's office.
Our walkers come from a variety of backgrounds in animal rescue, veterinary offices, or have worked as a barista, messenger, bike messenger, delivery driver, customer service, finance, marketing, data entry, restaurant host, hostess, bus, busboy, food runner, food runner, college students, account manager, contract worker, cleaner, babysitter, teacher, education, intern.
Loading Job Application......