Welcome to Rover-Time. We're a local, small business made up of a close-knit team that customizes pet care for busy homes across Chicago. We're focused on providing the safest, most detail-obsessed, professional dog walking and pet sitting in the city. What matters most, however, is the fact that our work makes a difference for our customers. We want to make lives easier for pet parents.
We would like to hire ONE teammate to fill a position in Portage Park.
As an employee of Rover-Time you will be eligible to receive:
- Enjoy the perks of being an EMPLOYEE, including Paid Time Off (PTO) to be used as vacation, personal, or sick days.
- Because we assist in withholding federal and state taxes for you, come tax season you will not need to pay the government $1000's of dollars (which will happen if you take a position as an Independent Contractor with another dog walking company that doesn't hire employees).
- We also offer time and a half for working on company-recognized holidays and a higher hourly compensation during off-hours and weekends.
- Freedom to choose your schedule and the services you manage - get the weekday, part-time job that you've been looking for! It's up to you how many dog walks you would like to take on. We just need you to have consistent mid-day availability Monday through Friday.
- Compensation for your time when you are asked to attend meetings and training sessions.
- Increases in your wage rate and special incentives and recognition for a job well done.
- Access to 24/7 support from our leadership team, including vet assistance resources and opportunities to help you to become the very best pet professional and animal owner.
- The resources you need to book as much work as you need to meet your financial goals.
- Coverage under Rover-Time's workers' compensation insurance policy as well as its general liability insurance policy.
Our team culture is something we take a lot of pride in! Although our walkers work solo in the field, they have the support of a fully staffed office and a team of fellow walkers behind them. We have fun and we love our work. We're all about supporting each other as a team and feeling connected in our love for animals! We are looking for an animal lover that values honesty, kindness, and accountability on the job, just like the rest of us. Someone that jumps in, who is warm with others, and is up for anything when it comes to their day-to-day.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Displaying genuine love, compassion, and patience for all animals while ensuring each dog is getting exercise and potty breaks during your visits.
- Making a long-term commitment (at least 7 months).
- Must be physically capable of walking at least 8 miles a day and be able to walk up and down steps.
- Ensuring the safety of the dogs you are walking and those (humans and dogs) around them.
- Removing pet waste.
- Refreshing water, wiping paws and giving treats as directed.
It's our job to deliver skillful, safe, conscientious, and compassionate care to all animals entrusted to us, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well-being, and placing their welfare above all other considerations. We uphold the principle of doing no harm to the animals in our care, to ensure that every dog we work with returns home safely, every time.
- Live in Chicago, ideally near the neighborhood you wish to serve.
- Own a reliable Smartphone with internet access.
- Own an insured car or are considered an avid biker with winter biking experience (CTA is not an option, unfortunately).
- Rover-Time dog walkers are at least 21 years old and love working outdoors, in all weather.
- Able to pass a federally compliant background screening.
- Previous pet care experience is preferred; ideally, dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a doggy daycare, kennel, or veterinarian's office.
Our walkers come from a variety of backgrounds in animal rescue, veterinary offices, or have worked as a barista, messenger, bike messenger, delivery driver, customer service, finance, marketing, data entry, restaurant host, hostess, bus, busboy, food runner, food runner, college students, account manager, contract worker, cleaner, baby sitter, babysitter, teacher, education, intern.
Loading Job Application......