- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Health Savings Account & Employer Contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Savings Plan & Employer Match
- Basic Term Life and AD&D Coverage
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Company Paid Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Accept assigned jobs from supervisor
- Perform work at or above efficiency standards
- Diagnose cause and malfunction and performs repairs
- Save and tag parts for warranty or as requested
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further repairs are needed or recommended
- Communicate with supervisor immediately if additional work is needed, if outlined work is not needed or if repairs cannot be completed in a reasonable or promised time
- Document in detail, work performed on repairs
- Road test when required
- Participate in training as required
- Keep abreast of manufacturer bulletins
- Report tool, machinery or equipment defects to supervisor
- Keep shop areas clean and safe
- Maintain and accountable for all dealership owned tools, materials and equipment
- Understand and comply with all federal, state and local regulations
- Perform all duties and activities in a safe manner
- Report any safety issues immediately to a supervisor.
Other duties to meet business requirements.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in heavy duty and medium truck repair along with exceptional mechanical, analytical, and reasoning skills.
KEY ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Trade school certification in automotive or truck maintenance and repair
- Must have valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) or ability to acquire
- Ability to pass DOT drug screen and physical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to use arms, hands and fingers to feel, grasp, push, pull or squeeze and reach.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- The employee is often required to climb and occasionally required to balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of tasks, responsibilities or duties. Rihm Kenworth reserves the right to amend this document to meet legal, business and organizational requirements as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......