Rihm Family Companies is looking for a Mobile Service Technician to join our growing team. Our family-owned business is driven by our 4 Es of Doing Business – Effective, Efficient, Equity and Expansion. We look for exceptional candidates who value our mission. If you possess a strong work ethic and an appetite for a growing industry and would like to gain experience with an established organization, please apply.
Some of the great benefits that we offer:
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental Coverage – 100% Employer Paid!
- Health Savings Account & Employer Contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Savings Plan & Employer Match
- Basic Term Life and AD&D Coverage
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Company Paid Training
- Employee Assistance Program
JOB SUMMARY: To efficiently and effectively diagnose and repair vehicles and components, including MX engines and perform other various light duty service operations on site at client locations, DOT inspection locations, or roadside. This position may work locally in a branch office or remotely from a home office depending on business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses cause and malfunction and performs repairs
- Ability to handle on site service and/or redirect the service to be performed at Rihm’s shop if needed
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further repairs are needed or recommended
- Required to work with little supervision
- Manage service calls that require more time than anticipated and communicates with supervisor and customer immediately if additional work or time is needed
- Creates repair orders and accurately documents all work performed on a repair
- Accurately documents time allocated to each repair and provides thorough descriptions of repairs performed.
- Accurately documents all parts used/replaced to perform any repairs
- Saves and tags parts for warranty or as requested
- Responds promptly to Warranty Administrator for request for clarification on claims or RO’s
- Road tests when needed to assure repairs handled original complaint
- Participates in training as required
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer bulletins
- Reports tool, machinery or equipment defects to supervisor
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership owned tools, materials, and equipment
- Adheres to departmental guidelines for ensuring that service vehicle has the necessary inventory of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Maintains appearance and functionality of assigned company service vehicle
- Understands and complies with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Performs all duties and activities in a safe manner
- Reports any safety issues immediately to a supervisor
- Effectively communicates using digital devices to customers, supervisors, and shop
- Other duties to meet business requirements.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in heavy and medium truck repair along with exceptional mechanical, analytical, and reasoning skills
- Must be MX Engine Certified
KEY ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / CHARACTERISTICS:
- Dependable and organized
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to learn and perform effective roadside assistance and vehicle recovery techniques
- Knowledge of geographical area and ability to read street maps
- Effective time management
- Trade school certification in automotive or truck maintenance and repair
- Must have valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) or ability to acquire
- Ability to pass DOT drug screen and physical
- Must be MX Certified
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to use arms, hands and fingers to feel, grasp, push, pull or squeeze and reach.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is often required to climb and occasionally required to balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
Loading Job Application......