Under the guidance of the district team lead and partner organization(s), and in conjunction with the Coalition members, the Coordinator will support the Western Wayne School Districts in implementing evidence-based programming, policies and strategies that target risk and protective factors associated with youth mental health. This work involves suicide/mental health intervention, prevention, policy, advocacy, and support efforts.
This position is full-time, scheduled 40 working hours per week, with some flexibility in scheduling. This position’s scope of responsibilities is within the Western Wayne School Districts. The Community Suicide Prevention Coordinator is a grant and/or sponsor-funded position.
The Western Wayne Suicide Prevention Coalition seeks to address youth suicide prevention and youth mental health. Our vision is to create positive changes in our community. The Coalition aims for zero completed youth suicides within the Western Wayne School Districts served. The Coalition uses multiple evidence-based strategies across multiple sectors to address the root causes of suicide.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities*:
1. Coordinates implementation of projects and ongoing development as outlined in yearly action plans, in conjunction with community partners, school districts and health care, including public awareness campaigns, and mental health events for youth and families.
2. Uses evidence-based strategies for implementing Coalition work to achieve goals and objectives.
3. Facilitates the coalition's team, along with volunteer team leaders. This includes recruiting and training members, scheduling meetings and setting agendas, establishing process and outcome measures for team activities, and working with other teams as needed. Plans and facilitates meetings with youth and adult volunteer coalition members, including some evenings and weekends.
4. Responsible for integration of local Community Health Needs Assessment Implementation Plan into coalition work and outcomes.
5. Oversight of grant preparation, submission, and reporting as appropriate and in a timely manner.
6. Practices good stewardship and leads efforts to ensure sustainability of the program and services.
7. Responsible for data collection and analysis for program and coalition evaluation and impact reporting and communication.
8. Maintains records of coalition activities, including but not limited to meeting agendas and minutes, membership database, donor list, and press clippings.
9. Builds relationships and works collaboratively with appropriate community stakeholders to strengthen the coalition and uphold the mission. Works with a wide audience including children, adolescents, parents, teachers, health care professionals, and the faith-based and business communities.
10. Manages multiple tasks and project initiatives.
11. Plans and implements project activities within budgetary limits.
12. Treats all youth, families, colleagues and community partners in a caring and respectful manner, being mindful of individual differences, and cultural and ethnic diversity.
13. Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
14. Practices effective communication and good interpersonal skills in all interactions.
15. Promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating teamwork. Demonstrates self-directed learning and participates in ongoing professional development. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for their own professional behavior.
16. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired in performing job responsibilities.
· The Coordinator will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, master's preferred, with concentration in public health, social work, education, or psychology.
· Experience in leadership, community planning and organization strongly recommended.
· Training and experience in mental health and suicide prevention is preferred but not required.
· Skills working with a variety of community leaders (Chambers of Commerce, government, commissions, schools) preferred.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
· The Coordinator will be self-directed, self-motivated, and action-oriented.
Growth Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Loading Job Application......