Growth Works is seeking an Accounts Receivable/Billing Coordinator to join our team. Under guidance from the Business Director, this individual will manage billing functions by collecting and compiling data, preparing, and submitting invoices for payment and resolving billing issues as they arise.
Duties and responsibilities
· Maintain knowledge and familiarity with billing procedures and requirements of all funding agencies and payers.
· Work with program staff to collect data necessary for accurate preparation of invoices, requests for payment, back- up documentation and reports.
· Submit invoices, reports and required documentation in electronic or paper formats on a timely basis.
· Utilize and manage electronic billing systems (such as MH-WIN) for payment of services.
· Post and reconcile payments for services.
· Track and follow up on rejected or past due requests for payment.
· Assist Senior Accountant with certain monthly accounting tasks. (Credit card reconciliation, Pay Pal processing, etc.)
· Communicate and work effectively with representatives and corresponding staff at funding agencies to facilitate prompt payment.
· Maintain records and documentation for financial program audits.
· Adhere to all established internal control and accounting policy and procedures.
· Promptly inform management of discrepancies or errors.
· Maintain integrity and confidentiality of client records and personal health information.
· Help to coordinate billing of client’s private medical insurances.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Associates degree in business, accounting or general studies.
· Proficiency with Excel and MS Office programs.
· Preferred experience with Quick Books
· Strongly preferred experience with DWMHA-MH-WIN (Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority – Mental Health Wellness Information Network).
· Prior experience in medical billing, accounts receivable or general booking. Non-profit experience a plus.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail and thoroughness.
· The role is best suited for a team player who is action-oriented and has good analytical problem solving skills.
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance meeting agency requirements.
· Must be able to successfully complete agency’s background check process.
· Must be able to complete manual tasks involving dexterity to enter and retrieve data using computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment. Ability to walk, stand, sit for short or long periods of time in an office setting.
· In certain situations, may be required to work within changing physical environments due to support of child/family’s needs.
· Ability to lift and transport materials/supplies up to 25 lbs. for internal documentation and recordkeeping, court support, and other administrative tasks
Growth Works is an EOE.
Loading Job Application......