Growth Works, a non-profit agency serving the Wayne counties of Metro Detroit since 1970, is seeking to add a part-time Therapeutic Program Monitor to the team. The purpose of this role is to support and foster the well-being of families by monitoring visits, familiarization visits, completing intakes and criminal legal advocacy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Observe and monitor both THERAPEUTIC supervised parenting sessions and exchanges
- Facilitates Familiarization Visits for Custodial Parents and children. Ensures positive interactions occur between parents and their children in a safe supervised setting that respects the rights of all parties
- Coordinates and uses Theraplay and/or trauma informed techniques to engage positive interactions between parents and children
- Collects and enters data into agency systems and databases.
- Work in partnership with Program Therapists to provide necessary resources and services to families
- Appears at required staff meetings, staff trainings, and professional development sessions
- Reviews and assesses proper documentation of case files including writing court reports
- Abides by all agency guidelines, policies, and procedures, periodically self-reviewing policy and procedure manual to familiarize with supervised visit guidelines and expectations for Program Monitor
- Completed other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW), Counseling or Human Services required.
- Preferred at least 1-2 year's previous experience working in Parenting & Supervisory programs. Highly desired prior experience working with families impacted by domestic violence, child abuse or similar situations.
- Prior experience with case management, advocacy, and exposure to social work in the legal system highly desired.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, execute sound judgment, and implement crisis intervention techniques when needed.
- Flexibility to work afternoon shift; some Saturdays required.
Growth Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Loading Job Application......