Growth Works is seeking to add a part-time Program Monitor to join our Family Assessment Support and Education group. This is a new position, looking for a dedicated, experienced individual to work with families monitoring visits, familiarization visits, and criminal legal advocacy.
This individual needs to be able to work 2-3 Saturday's a month, 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. some Friday's 5-8:30 p.m. and one or two other evenings a week.
Role and responsibilities:
- Observe and monitor both supervised parenting sessions and exchanges
- Facilitates Familiarization Visits for Custodial Parents and children
- Coordinates and uses Theraplay techniques to engage positive interactions between parents and children
- Ensure positive interactions occur between parents and their children in a safe supervised setting that respects the rights of all parties
- Collects and Enters data into agency systems and databases
- Conducts pre and post surveys of services
- Attends Victim of Crime Advocacy (VOCA) inter-agency collaboration meetings
- Provides Case Management services and referral to necessary services
- Completes criminal legal advocacy
- Appears at required staff meetings, staff trainings, and professional development sessions
- Reviews and assesses proper documentation of case files
- Abides by all agency guidelines, policies, and procedures, periodically self-reviewing policy and procedure manual to familiarize with supervised visit guidelines and expectations for Program Monitor
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW), Psychology or Human Services required
- Preferred at least 1-2 year's previous experience working in Parenting & Supervisory programs
- Highly desired prior experience working with families impacted by domestic violence, child abuse or similar situations
- Prior experience with case management, advocacy, and exposure to social work in the legal system highly desired
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, execute sound judgment, and implement crisis intervention techniques when needed
- Flexibility to work in Garden City and the South Oakland County office split afternoon shift; some Saturdays required
- Successful completion of agency, state or federal post-hire checks
Qualified candidates should apply online and submit their resume for consideration of application. .
Loading Job Application......