Growth Works is hiring for qualified Peer Recovery Coaches on an On-call, part-time basis in the metro Detroit area. The Coaches will provide peer recovery services and support to individuals to include providing support and resources to individuals admitted to a local hospital emergency room or police station/public safety location following drug or alcohol overdose. This will be on an on-call, part-time basis, with variablity to the number of hours per week and per month.
- Provide direct services to individuals including meeting to introduce recovery concepts, offer encouragement, share personal experiences, strengths and provide information about what to expect from treatment and activities that promote recovery.
- Share community and treatment recovery resources, to include twelve-step programs, Detox Services, Residential Treatment, IOP-D, etc.
- Documents direct services as well as collateral contacts within Growth Works data base; facilitates links to resources and removing barriers.
- Facilitates Peer Recovery based groups, participates in ongoing training, education and other items as required.
- Personal recovery from substance use disorder for at least 24 continuous months
- Possession of a GED or HS diploma
- Highly desire current holders of CPRC certification through MDHHS; OR Must be willing to sucessfully complete achievement of CPRC certification as a condition of employment
- Highly desired previous work or community experience as a Peer Coach, Recovery Coach, or sponsor in recovery and 12-step programs
- Must have their own vehicle and a valid current driver's license due to the essential functions and requirements of the position
- Ability to work successfully in fast-paced fluid environments with diverse clients, community safety personnel, health care providers and colleagues to abide by state, federal and agency regulations regarding recipient rights, HIPAA, confidentiality, etc.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours of work, which could include weekends, late evening, holidays or early morning hours, in the metro Detroit/Western Wayne County area.
- Willingness to complete health screening and vaccinations as part of working in health care setting on our behalf
Loading Job Application......