Mini of Dutchess County is seeking a dedicated Sales Manager to help grow our booming sales department and provide our customers with exceptional experiences. The ideal candidate will flourish in a fast-paced and professional workplace.
The Sales Manager insures that the dealership meets its sales objectives and its gross profit objectives on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis. S/he will ensure that the retail and fleet units sold produce sufficient gross profit to aid the dealership in reaching its profit objectives on a monthly and yearly basis. S/he will accomplish these objectives through planning, organizing, coordinating, and measuring the activities of the new and used vehicle sales departments, as well as the F&I department.
- Act as “hub” for the desking process for sales consultants, ensuring the “Road to the Sale” is followed. Includes desking deals on a daily basis while assigning appropriate T/O manager as needed.
- Collaborate with General Manager on monthly and annual projections in terms of unit sales, gross profit objectives, and departmental profits.
- Forecast monthly with sales consultants to establish individual sales and gross profit objectives.
- Collaborate with General Manager on advertising/marketing, sales promotions, staffing needs and compensation plans; both long-term and ad hoc bonus plans during thrust sales months.
- Create a “Customer-First” sales process ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and get involved with customer issues/complaints as needed.
- Prepare weekly work plan for sales consultants to discuss unsold prospect follow-up and set standards for appropriate use of customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Provide leadership for all sales-related staff that supports teamwork across departments and cultivates a high-spirited work environment that recognizes innovation and creativity.
- Conduct sales meetings as needed.
- Facilitate new vehicle pre-delivery with the Service Manager.
- Provide on-the-job training for sales managers and sales consultants.
- Review monthly commission sheets, productivity reports and profit performance utilizing reporting tools and daily DOC.
- Maintain a balanced new and used vehicle inventory plan that maximizes turn, minimizes floor plan.
- Maintain a consistent used car inventory plan that maximizes inventory efficiency while considering inventory turn, pricing, online merchandising and aged units.
- Require that standards are maintained for displaying, merchandising, and maintaining new and used cars.
- Ensure that new vehicle salespeople maintain a 100% turnover to the F&I Manager.
- Create and maintain an efficient “up system” that ensure fairness and proper floor coverage.
- Ensure 100% manager T/O even for customers that are not immediately in-market.
- Work closely with sales managers and BDC staff to ensure retention of lease customers, unsold prospects and abandoned internet leads.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure full compliance with Federal and corporate mandates.
- Minimum of five years retail automotive experience in new and pre-owned vehicle sales and F&I with a thorough understanding of dealership sales operations.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities in order to oversee a team of managers, sales consultants and administrative staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and on the phone.
- Possess a “Customer First” mindset, creating a sales environment that delivers an exceptional sales experience for customers.
- Competent multi-tasker with analytical ability to aid in forecasting, report-generation, analysis and objective–setting, all in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Exhibit ability to use information technology to maximize efficiency.
WHAT WE OFFER
Depending on your employment status, you may be eligible to receive the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K Plan
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off and vacation
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Employee vehicle purchase plans
- Vendor Discounts (i.e. Verizon)
- Family owned and operated
- Long term job security
- Health and wellness
- 529 College Savings
- Competitive Compensation plan
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background screening