Ponzi Vineyards is seeking a Harvest Intern to join our team for the upcoming 2021 Vintage.
As one of the founding wineries in the Willamette Valley, Ponzi continues the tradition of crafting world-class wines from some of the most highly esteemed vineyards in the valley. We are currently looking for candidates who aspire to continue this tradition with us.
Under the general direction of the Winemaker/Assistant Winemaker and Cellar master, the Harvest Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Sorting fruit
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Juice/wine additions
- Assisting with fermentation management
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Forklift operation (not required, but experience preferred)
- Other duties as assigned by the Winemaker/Assistant Winemaker/Cellar Master
- Understand and communicate in English
- Great attention to details and ability to think ahead
- Ability to work safely around equipment and chemicals
- Ability to multi tasks
- Willing and able to work effectively as part of a team—great attitude is a must!
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs repeatedly
- Strict adherence to safety
- Highly dependable with excellent attendance records—punctuality is a must!
- Willing to work long hours and various shifts and overtime if needed
- Willing to work both inside and outside, regardless of the elements
- Willing to work 6 days a week
This is a paid, full time position
Daily meal provided throughout duration of Harvest
Snacks and beverages provided throughout duration of Harvest
Wine discounts and allotment post-harvest
End of Harvest celebration party (dinner/wine/gifts/fun)
Loading Job Application......