Since 2001, PlanITROI has been providing global Reverse Logistics, IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) and Asset Recovery Services (ARS) for OEM’s, Retailers, Enterprises, Education, and SMB organizations, committed to preserving the highest levels of environmental responsibility and data security while changing lives with their retired computing devices. PlanITROI leverages the circular economy to do social good, by turning clients old returned, retired, or idle IT devices (laptops, Chromebooks, PC’s, smartphones, tablets, etc.) into recertified, affordable technology solutions sold direct and through the largest retailers in the world!
Assistant Controller Overview: PlanITROI is seeking a detail oriented, process driven Assistant Controller with expert experience working within a company with a high volume of sales transactions. The successful candidate must embrace challenges, be a problem solver and have the ability to manage the Payroll/Benefit operational accounting functions of the business while thriving in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have proven experience as a strong Assistant Controller. This is a hands-on role as we need someone that can dedicate time, energy and expertise to meet and exceed all deadlines.
This position is remote on Eastern time only
Mission: The mission of this role is to manage Payroll/Benefits, Accounts Payable/Receivable, and the full process for month end close within 12 business days, all while supporting the Controller with day to day Accounting functions.
- Own and manage Payroll & Benefits which include state registrations, processing reconciliations and verifications
- Analyze Data to identify trends and issues that may impact the company's bottom line
- Support the Controller with the day-to-day accounting functions
- Manage and lead Accounts Payable/Receivable Team
- Manage Avalara sales tax filing validations on monthly/quarterly basis
- Manage bank payments by creating templates for wire transfers, ACH, and overall Accounts Payable Approval and Payment Processes
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Monthly closing reporting and reconciliations: Complete detailed and summary reporting on revenue, cost of goods sold, expenses, and inventory balances within 12 business days
- Manage year-end financial audit and annual bank audits with consistent reporting and presenting to Controller for final validations
- Create Budget/Forecast/Prior Year vs. Actual variance reports with supporting schedules and narratives, including follow-up and document significant variances.
- Ensure adherence to Accounting policies and provide supporting documentation for compliance
- Document accounting process and internal controls
Requirements & Experience:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting
- Payroll/Benefits hands on processing experience in a must
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP needed
- Must have the ability to prepare financial statements, balance sheet reconciliations and financial analysis
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Strong experience in Microsoft suit, Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and Outlook
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities and multi-task
- Detail-oriented, critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong organizational, and analytical skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Line management experience needed
- Project management skills, PMP certification preferred
PlanITROI Core Values:
- Driven & Confident
- Think Win/Win Always
- Own IT/Solve IT
- Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth
- Innovate & Change the World
- Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family
Visit our websites for more information:
www.PlanITROI.com, www.DigitalDreamsProject.com, www.BuyRefurbished.com
“PlanITROI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws."
Loading Job Application......