To Whom It May Concern,
PFCS is looking for an experienced Technical Building Consultant with an emphasis in Inspection and to work with us on a full-time basis in our Corona, CA office that will be opening in late Feb/early Mar. Our goal is to develop a long-term relationship with a Consultant who is able to conduct property assessment inspections working as an Independent Contractor in conformance with PFCS Technical Consultant job description and KPI's. Previous experience working as a Consultant is preferred.
About Pete Fowler Construction Services (PFCS)
At PFCS, our mission is delivering solutions to those who own or work in the business of buildings. This means helping clients make smart, informed decisions about buildings and property. We evaluate physical performance of building projects, write reports, specify and estimate the costs of maintenance and repairs, contract and manage construction, and verify quality. We are often called upon to consult and testify in property related claims and litigation.
We have a world class proprietary technology system to collect, organize, structure, share and store documents and building information forever. Our clients include property owners & managers, developers & contractors, product manufacturers & suppliers, insurers and lawyers. Every year we work on projects as widely varying as single-family residences, multi-family projects, mixed use developments and commercial, institutional, industrial, lowr-rise, mid-rise and high-rise construction.
Scope of Work Summary
The right candidate will perform building inspections and property assessments, with specific responsibilities including:
- Inspect structures and building sites. Rigorously document conditions with photographs, notes, diagrams and checklists.
- Conduct research and gather data for use in investigations, according to PFCS standards.
- Collect, review, summarize, understand and analyze documents and information.
- Write reports and analysis consistent with PFCS standards.
- Communicate project data and opinions with concise professionalism.
- Participate in meetings with clients and others to gather project information or present PFCS work in coordination with the Technical Expert or Project Coordinator.
- Track time invoiced to clients and maintain billable hour targets, track all time worked.
- Active participation in PFCS training systems.
- Experience acting as a self-directed, independent leader in construction. Previous experience in serving as an industry expert and providing expert testimony is strongly preferred.
- Applicable certification such as ICBO / ICC certification and/or General Contractor license preferred.
- Previous experience working as a Consultant in the construction industry preferred.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements needed to conduct onsite inspections.
**location may be in either of our SoCal offices: San Clemente or Corona
**full-time or independent contractor role