The Oak Park Public Library is seeking friendly, collaborative, and organized Library Clerks to join our Materials Handling team.
This is a part-time position that pays $15.00 per hour. The scheduled hours are 15 hours per week, including regular weekend and evening hours. Please apply by Tuesday, September 7, to be considered for this position.
- Sorting and shelving returned materials
- Processing materials from SWAN libraries
- Assisting with daily deliveries
- Operating the automated materials handling machine
- Retrieving and fulfilling holds
- Maintaining the physical collections
- Helping with projects in other service areas as requested
Successful candidates will:
- Possess organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate initiative, excellent work ethic, excellent judgment, and problem-solving skills
- Find ways to remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service
- Be available and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to walk, push, move, bend, stand, sit, squat, grasp, reach, stretch, talk, and hear
- Close visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work assigned
- Lift up to 50 pounds and transport or move up to 100 pounds of library materials from one location to another
- Function in narrow aisles
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion.
The Oak Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We work to create and support an environment of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism for the benefit of our staff, our collections, our programs and services, our patrons, and our community.
Loading Job Application......