The Nothing Bundt Cakes (NbC) Froster & Kitchen assistant ensures that cakes of the highest quality are consistently created for our guests and contributes to superior service by meeting production demands. Following a strict proprietary recipe, NbC cake-frosting methods and food safety standards, the Froster makes our signature frosting and utilizes standardized application techniques to frost all of our delicious cakes. The Froster embodies NbC core values and demonstrates a strong commitment to excellence and efficiency in the workplace. Also, assists baker with flipping cakes, packaging of all cakes, keeping workspace and coolers organized to maintain FIFO of products. Helping with washing dishes, baking pans and maintaining cleanliness of kitchen area.
- Follows NbC proprietary frosting recipe and application methods with precision and achieves productivity goals.
- Effectively utilizes measuring instruments, commercial-grade or handheld mixer and pastry bag to frost cakes.
- Prioritizes cake pre-orders according to schedule and frosts cakes for walk-in guest orders accordingly.
- Ensures an adequate supply of samples and frosted cakes are available for guests in the bakery display case and maintains appropriate frosting and frosted cake par levels.
- Adheres to the proper packaging, labeling, and storage of frosted cakes as well as product rotation standards, and maintains frosting and refrigeration logs.
- Monitors inventory of frosting supplies and notifies management when replenishment is required.
- Evaluates baked and frosted cakes to ensure NbC standards are met and informs management of any quality control issues.
- Cleans, sanitizes and restocks workstation, ensure frosting supplies are sufficiently prepared for the next shift, and washes any equipment in the absence of the Dishwasher/Utility Employee.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Core Values and Competencies:
- Goes above and beyond to support the team or guest, and is reliable, trustworthy and responsive.
- Keeps the good of the team or guest ahead of personal interests or gain.
- Displays humility and empathy in interactions with others.
Spirit of a Champion
- Demonstrates pride in responsibilities, an intense drive and a passion to succeed.
- Takes initiative and 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency and adheres to NbC brand standards.
- Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts others.
- Builds positive, productive relationships with all team members.
- Listens actively and communicates openly, clearly and respectfully.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Can understand written and oral directions, interpret instructional documents such as recipes, order tickets, operating procedures, and health and safety rules, and apply knowledge to perform job responsibilities.
- Please note that NbC recipes are available in English and Spanish.
- Understands basic units of measurement used in the U.S.
- Has the ability to perform repetitious tasks that require precise and continuous movement of arms, wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Has the physical capacity to lift items of moderate to heavyweight (as much as 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods of time.
- Is meticulous about using exact measurements, paying strict attention to timing and working on a tight, fast-paced production schedule.
- Can evaluate products, processes, information, and surroundings to determine compliance with standards.
- Possesses the discipline and attention to detail to strictly adhere to health and safety practices and work environment standards.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize workload and operate independently with minimal supervision.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous experience in an operational support role at a bakery or restaurant or in a food service environment is a plus.
Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, based on changing business demands.
Loading Job Application......