Director of Individual Giving
ABOUT NAVY PIER, INC.
Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder. Since reopening in 1995, more than 200 million guests have visited the Pier’s fifty-five acres of unparalleled attractions and experiences. In that time, Navy Pier has become a top cultural attraction and destination in the Midwest, and since 2011, has operated as an independent, nonprofit organization. Navy Pier values diversity and racial equity and expects every role to uphold a high standard of inclusion, justice, and fairness.
The Director of Individual Giving is a full-time position, reporting to the Vice President of Resource Development. This position to lead Navy Pier’s individual annual, membership, and planned giving philanthropic strategy. The Director of Individual Giving will provide vision and framework for all aspects of the Pier’s individual fundraising growth by engaging with current donors, establishing new giving programs and channels, and meeting the department’s annual individual contributed revenue and stewardship objectives.
Working closely with the Vice President of Resource Development, the Director will guide fundraising and cultivation efforts for a dedicated portfolio of active and prospective individual donors to achieve contributed revenue goals by nurturing and maximizing relationships with existing supporters, cultivating, and soliciting new prospects, utilizing Pier events to garner new and increased individual support, and delivering best practices in nonprofit philanthropy. The Director will be a thought partner in establishing and executing a plan for individual giving across both general operating and capital support.
As a key member of the Resource Development team, the Director collaborates in setting annual and long-term revenue and organizational goals, enthusiastically represents the Pier in the community, and advocates for an optimistic and creative team culture. This individual will share Navy Pier’s core values of excellence, inclusion, integrity, and authentic stewardship
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Advances corporate sponsorship and foundation philanthropic strategy for the Pier through a robust annual fundraising plan.
- Advances all individual, membership, and planned giving strategy for the Pier through a robust and creative annual fundraising plan
- Works closely with the Vice President of Development to create and manage a new Navy Pier individual giving program, including establishing giving levels and executing all benefits associated with the program.
- Schedules cultivation, briefing, and solicitation meetings on behalf of the Vice President of Development, executive team, and leadership volunteers
- Ensures all information related to annual giving donors is up-to-date and accurate, and new information is properly documented and recorded in the CRM
- Utilizes CRM to analyze giving trends, appropriately segment and target prospective donors, and create lists for fundraising campaigns
- Collaborates with the Vice President to create and manage the annual plan and schedule for direct mail and email solicitation and stewardship program. Ensures completion of projects by deadline and within budget.
- Provides leadership in the development of compelling and relevant individual giving communication efforts, including envisioning, writing, and producing messages using a collaborative review and approval process and articulating the mission of Navy Pier.
- Works with the Vice President of Development to set and monitor individual giving goals and benchmarks.
- Manages a portfolio of 100+ individual prospects and regularly refreshes a pipeline of additional prospects to engage.
- Prepares and presents data-driven reports on individual giving campaigns and results, and monitors progress against revenue goals.
- Works closely with colleagues across the Pier to plan and activate donor recognition that reflects the mission and values of the Pier and stewards’ supporters’ investments.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships within the funding community through networking activities and participation in professional development opportunities. Stays informed about new trends and techniques in philanthropy.
- Represents Navy Pier to outside constituent groups such as business leagues, industry associations and related organizations and maintain professional affiliations.
- Supports the mission of Navy Pier and upholds organizational priorities as stated. Performs other duties as assigned.
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in business administration, marketing, communications, or industry-related field.
- Requires a minimum of five years of years of experience in annual giving, frontline fundraising, membership management at a non-profit or in a related field.
Loading Job Application......