Social Media Manager
Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder. Since reopening in 1995, more than 200 million guests have visited the Pier’s fifty-five acres of unparalleled attractions and experiences. In that time, Navy Pier has become a top cultural attraction and destination in the Midwest, and since 2011, has operated as an independent, nonprofit organization. Navy Pier values diversity and racial equity and expects every role to uphold a high standard of inclusion, justice, and fairness.
This is a full-time Social Media Manager position. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and Communications to support the management, content, strategy, deliverables and growth of Navy Pier’s Social Media channels, influencer strategy, social listening, and e-newsletter that position Navy Pier as a mission-driven organization and a world-class destination.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Social Media strategy, calendar and content creation, execution, and reporting across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn) in order to grow followers, engagement, and ticket sales.
- Manage Influencer marketing strategy in order to drive local, regional, national, and international awareness, visitation, and engagement.
- Ensure Social Media strategy fits in-line with overall Marketing and Communications strategy, advertising, initiatives, and brand strategy.
- Collaborate and partner with other brands across Chicago and beyond, including hashtag campaigns, strategic content (re)sharing, and collaborative reporting.
- Harness competitive insights and social listening to support the overall guest experience and link to core Marketing and Brand initiatives.
- Create weekly reporting dashboard to showcase growth, opportunities, and plans for Social Media within the context of the competitive landscape.
- Lead, write, deliver, and grow traction of weekly e-newsletter and provide regular key reporting of results.
- Manage key event and experience updates across Social Media and the website to ensure a well-informed guest experience.
- Manage communications with Navy Pier staff and work with Marketing and Brand Manager to share updates with Partner Tenants to optimize our Social Media strategies, including event promotion, partnerships, reporting, and brand communications.
- Manage all Resource Development and Sponsorship requests for Social Media materials to support key initiatives and opportunities.
- Must keep all projects on brand, on brief, on budget, and on time with clear expectation setting, and resetting for all key parties.
- Ensure that all internal and external messages are supportive of and consistent with Navy Pier’s mission and values
- Prepare presentations, speaking points, key messaging, and other prep materials as requested
- Assist in management of department tools and resources, including server management, photo/video asset rights, creative storage, contracts, and adv/media tracking reports.
- Work with Marketing and Communications Coordinator to gather and share information from various internal departments (Arts, Culture and Engagement (ACE), Resource Development, Operations, etc.) to integrate content for web, promotions, and advertising use.
Execute basic tasks required for various projects and marketing initiatives, including the following:
- Industry and competitor reports
- Social Media Dashboard
- PowerPoint presentations
- General administrative duties
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned by manager
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree. Recommended in the field of business, marketing, communications, or advertising
- Requires a minimum three to five years of experience in Social Media, showcasing substantial follower growth, engagement, and partnerships for substantial brands in-house or Agency side on behalf of a substantial brand.
- Experience or familiarity in non-profits, cultural institutions, tourism industry and/or public relations agency
- Experience at an Advertising, Branding, and/or Digital Marketing Agency
- Must work on-site at Navy Pier
- Must be able to work flexible/unconventional hours, including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail, interdepartmental relationship building, strong written and oral communications skills are critical for this role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and time/resources efficiently
- Self-starter spirit with the ability to execute assigned tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Able to manage confidential information
- Willingness to support the team at every level
- Maintains professionalism and a positive attitude
- Serves as an ambassador for Navy Pier and is always representative of its mission and values, including outside of work
Loading Job Application......