Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder.
The primary function of the Accounting Generalist will be to perform and complete the processing of accounts payable and other routine transactions. The incumbent also completes month-end close tasks, prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, and assist in successfully completing the year-end close. Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies. Prepares and enters journal entries in the accounting system. Maintains historical accounting and finance records.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process daily accounts payable transactions, including but not limited to preparing and processing invoices and payments, ensuring that payments are timely and accurate.
- Assist with streamlining the current accounts payable functions to best practice automated A/P processes and testing the deployment of Concur Automated Travel and Expense application.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies, document, and correct discrepancies.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Identity opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of current processes.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in the accounting system for month-end close.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and update schedules.
- Assist with preparation of audit and Form 990 schedules, as directed by the Controller.
- Process annual 1099 forms, as directed by the Controller.
- Provide backup assistance to other accounting functions, as needed.
- Maintain historical accounting and finance records by filing documents.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Supports the mission of Navy Pier and upholds organizational priorities as stated.
- Excellent math skills and attention to details.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments and levels of the organization.
- Strong aptitude for technology, especially Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant work experience, preferably at a not-for-profit organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to;
- Regularly talk or hear.
- Frequently stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This is primarily a remote position, though regular visits to Navy Pier’s administrative offices will be required (current thinking is once per week). The selected candidate must establish an appropriate work environment within his or her home which is conducive to remote work. This individual should have a workstation which includes a phone, reliable high-speed internet connection, and allows for privacy.
Loading Job Application......