Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder.
This position reports directly to the Director of Property Management & Leasing. This position will be responsible for managing and directing the Brand Activation program at Navy Pier, Inc. to achieve the company’s brand activation revenue goal and to assist the Director of Property Management & Leasing in their day-to-day activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate deals with experiential marketing companies to perform Brand Activations at various locations on the Property.
- Prospect local and regional markets in order to identify new opportunities for the Brand Activation program.
- Create and distribute Property Brand Activation brochure and other appropriate collateral pieces to promote the program.
- Assist the Director of Property Management & Leasing in prospecting and closing deals for new permanent and specialty tenants.
- Preparation of, and adherence to, an annual income and expense budget.
- Monthly monitoring of progress toward annual budget (income and expenses).
- Prepare all license agreements and amendments as well as all other necessary paperwork related to brand activations, long term leases, and specialty licenses.
- Ensure that all COI’s (Certificate of Insurance) are on file for all brand activation clients prior to every event.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule of all brand activation events and distribute among key team members.
- Weekly submission of prospecting reports to the Director of Property Management and Leasing, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare and distribute property-wide communications to all tenants and partners.
- Coordinate quarterly tenant meetings.
- Coordinate tenant marketing initiatives with the company’s marketing and communications team
- Update the tenant correspondence and emergency contact lists on a weekly basis as needed.
- Ensure that brand activation clients/vendors exhibits, and amenities enhance the appearance and values of the property and meet company visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
- Oversee that all brand activation clients/vendors are adhering to the property’s Operational Guidelines.
- Coordinate internal setup with all key departments.
- Coordinate the set-up, relocation, and breakdown of all brand activation clients/vendors.
- Collection of rent payments from all brand activation clients and tenants.
- Assist tenants with day-to-day maintenance requests and other issues.
- Inspect the Property for repairs needed or tenant infractions that need to be addressed, communicate those repairs needed, and oversee to completion.
- Oversee the Coordination of Tenant Move-Ins/Move-Outs Such as Utility/Internet Starts & Stops, New Partner Checklist Items, Fixture Orders, Key/Lock Changes and Copies, and Tenant Rules & Regulations Compliance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written), special event coordination and management experience along with the ability to multitask.
- Sales/negotiation skills a plus.
- Must have flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings.
- Strong team player.
- Client service orientation.
- Strong computer skills including all Windows applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- At least 1 to 3 years in sales or comparable experience.
- Must have experience in managing budgets; sponsorship/revenue generation.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is required to.
- Regularly to talk or hear.
- Frequently stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This is position is located onsite within the administrative offices at Navy Pier, Inc.
Loading Job Application......