IT Service Desk Manager
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the helpdesk or customer support area. The IT Service Desk Manager will report to the Senior Director of Information Technology. This role involves managing another team member to support: coordinating customer inquiries, technical issues and ensuring that customer problems are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner (personally handling/resolving tier 1 and tier 2 support as well). The IT Service Desk Manager is also responsible for optimizing support processes, monitoring performance metrics, and implementing strategies to improve customer satisfaction and service quality.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead the Helpdesk Team. This includes assisting in the hiring process, training, and performance management.
- Oversee the resolution of customer inquiries, technical issues, and service requests.
- Ensure that customer problems are addressed promptly and professionally.
- Develop and implement support procedures, guidelines, and best practices to streamline operations and enhance the customer support experience.
- Track and analyze key performance metrics, such as response times, resolution rates, and customer satisfaction.
- Take corrective actions when necessary to meet performance targets.
- Implement quality control measures to ensure that support agents provide accurate and consistent information to customers.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Generate and analyze reports on helpdesk performance, identifying trends and areas for improvement.
- Use data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Stay current with the latest customer support technologies and tools.
- Integrate new software solutions to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Develop processes for escalating complex or unresolved customer issues to higher-level support or other departments within the organization.
- Foster a customer-centric culture within the team and strive to enhance overall customer satisfaction levels.
- Educating end-users on policies, regulations, and leveraging best practices on technology that staff use daily.
- Supports the mission of Navy Pier and upholds organizational priorities as stated.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or other related fields.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience with managing end-user support and customized business systems.
- Requires experience with developing general IT education, cyber-security awareness and training for end-users.
- Requires experience to lead in keeping all end-user equipment up-to-date and in compliance through an Endpoint Management tool.
- Productivity: Microsoft certifications in operating and productivity software and applications used by Navy Pier and its service providers is preferred, strong knowledge and tangible work experience with the Microsoft Suite is required.
- ITIL v4 Certification preferred (A framework to an integrated set of best practices that can assist businesses in delivering IT services to users.)
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- A+ Certification preferred.
- Network + or CCNA Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading an IT Support team or function.
- Designing, implementing, and continuously refining a tiered IT support desk model.
- Experience with ITIL-oriented process design for IT Service Management.
- The ability to work in a time-sensitive, high-visibility environment.
- Experience with leading service desk performance indicators and service level standards.
- Strong experience with leading service desk technology software solutions and tools for IT and non-IT users (e.g., ticketing software: ManageEngine ServiceDesk, ServiceNow, Remedy).
- Experience leading in patching and keeping end-user devices secure and in full compliance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, people skills, and a commitment to quality and customer service.
- Proficiency in using Active Directory to manage user accounts.
- Experience in managing user access to applications.
- Experience in the onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT hardware/peripherals, operating systems, and management (Microsoft Windows 11 & macOS).
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and network fundamentals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite or related software.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Comprehensive medical with generous employer HSA contribution
- Dental; Vision; Short- and Long-term disability
- Up to 6% retirement contribution
- Paid parental leave; 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 holidays, 3 personal days, and 1 community service day
- Complimentary parking in Navy Pier garages
- Annual Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000
Requires the ability to work extended (long hours) during a normal work week. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary and required. Must be available 24/7-365 to respond to on-call emergencies. Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment. Since work is sometimes performed outdoors in varying weather conditions, one must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures or inclement weather and be able to withstand working long hours in inclement weather conditions.
Loading Job Application......