Guest Services Representative
This is a part-time, seasonal Guest Services Representative position. This position provides exemplary customer service to the guests of Navy Pier. Duties include welcoming and interacting positively with visitors, providing information and/or directions for Navy Pier and/or City of Chicago events, managing wheelchair rental, lost and found redemption for property and missing persons, and accepting and responding to guest questions, compliments, concerns, and complaints.
The Guest Services Representative compensation is $16/hour.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Pleasantly greets and assists guests (i.e., visitors, contractors, and exhibitors) in person or by phone and provides information and/or directions related to Navy Pier and/or City of Chicago information
- Facilitate and respond to informational needs of guests, contacts other Navy Pier, Inc. departments and/or personnel as needed to provide necessary assistance
- Handles guest complaints, concerns, or compliments and reports to management as directed.
- Receives lost/found items and processes according to established policy
- Stocks and distributes maps and other related Navy Pier, Inc., and City of Chicago literature
- Work at various Navy Pier guest services desks as seasonal needs require
- Performs other duties as required
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a minimum of 6 months of customer service-related experience, preferably 12+ months of customer service experience.
- Must work on-site at Navy Pier
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills with demonstrated initiative and ability to assist guests required.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance. • Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with City of Chicago attractions, landmarks, public transportation. Familiarity with Navy Pier facilities and events are preferred.
Navy Pier operates every day, including holidays. Candidate must be able to withstand working long hours in inclement weather conditions, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Requires the ability to work extended (long hours) during a normal work week. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary and required. Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures or inclement weather since work is often performed outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Loading Job Application......