Guest Experience Attractions Attendant
This is a part-time, seasonal position. As an Attraction Attendant for Navy Pier Inc., you must be familiar with the procedures and proper operational techniques of the park and follow them in every relevant situation. Always focus on excellent guest interactions and provide guests with information regarding our attractions. Efficiently providing our guests with a safe and enjoyable experience while visiting Navy Pier.
The Guest Experience Attractions Attendant compensation is $16/hour.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a courteous greeting as guests approach each attraction.
- Enforce all safety, park, and department policies at all times.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent guest interaction and hospitality skills.
- Monitors and enforces line jumping and smoking policies.
- Assist with pairing up of single riders and proper grouping techniques to ensure greater ride capacity.
- Direct guests on and off the attractions, physically checking safety restraints.
- Assist with downtime situations and evacuations.
- Assists other locations and areas throughout the park as direct by the assist manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- Consistent attendance and punctuality are a job requirement
- Must be able to work a minimum of three (3) days per week including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions from the Guest Experience Management team.
- Must be able to positively interact with coworkers and park guests of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and those with accommodation requests.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in outside weather conditions while standing for prolonged periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a minimum of 6 months of customer service-related experience, preferably 12+ months of customer service experience.
Navy Pier operates every day, including holidays. Candidate must be able to withstand working long hours in inclement weather conditions, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Requires the ability to work extended (long hours) during a normal work week. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary and required. Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures or inclement weather since work is often performed outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Loading Job Application......