Executive Director of IT Services
The Executive Director of IT Services plans, directs and leads the staff and outsourced IT services providers. Oversees the hiring, professional development, and continuing education for the IT staff. Develops and manages the annual revenue and expense budget for the Information Technology Unit. Serves as the primary resource and thought leader for information technology issues. Ensures the consistent, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of information technology services and support. Negotiates the Pier’s IT service agreement(s). Oversees and manages any IT provider contract(s) and collaborates with contracted provider(s) to ensure compliance with the agreement and financial performance terms. Oversees the preparation of information technology-related Board materials. Works with IT service providers to provide tenants, Pier partners, and the East-end management group, the information services, database management, internet and support needed. Develops and maintains mission critical relationships with IT services providers and backup services to ensure service continuity. Oversees the preparation of IT related requests-for-proposals (RFP) and coordinates with Legal and Finance Departments in this effort.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core Services Management
- Serves as the primary resource and thought leader for information technology issues and actively participates in larger Navy Pier Operations tactical planning processes. Deliverable: Annual IT strategic plan.
- Provides oversight of full time IT staff and service providers to provide tenants, Pier partners, and East-end management group, the information services, database management, internet and support necessary for the daily business operations. Deliverable: 99.9% uptime for all systems.
- Ensures the consistent, efficient, and cost-effective delivery of information technology services and support, monitors staff and service providers to ensure they are following procedures and takes corrective actions when necessary. Deliverable: Provides weekly operational status reporting to Chief Operating Officer (COO) and SVP of Operations and operational status update to the Board, as needed.
Staff Management & Development
Vendor and Contract Management
The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this role include:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in computer sciences, information technology, information systems or other related fields.
- Requires a minimum of eight to twelve years of progressively more responsible experience in computer sciences, information technology, information systems, with at least four to six of those years in supervisory or middle level management.
- Requires experience with managing out-sourced technology services and the integration of in-house and outsourced technology interfaces.
- Productivity: Microsoft certifications in operating and productivity software and applications used by Navy Pier and its service providers is preferred, strong knowledge and tangible work experience with the Microsoft Suite is required.
- Project Management: PMP and/or Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Networking: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification is preferred, strong knowledge of network management and configuration is a requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This position requires the ability to work extended (long hours) during a normal work week. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary and required. Must be available 24/7-365 to respond to on-call emergencies. Work is performed in a normal office environment. Since work is sometimes performed outdoors in varying weather conditions, must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures or inclement weather.
Loading Job Application......