Are you someone who is:
- A relationship builder who forges strong partnerships across a variety of audiences and stakeholders?
- Experienced in creating arts and civic learning opportunities in schools?
- An excellent communicator with strong writing and presentation skills?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
The Polk Bros. Associate Director Learning is part of the Learning team and leads long-term engagement programs in school and community settings. The Associate Director acts as an ambassador for the department to various stakeholders and actively builds and fosters relationships. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing strategies for school partnerships and teacher and youth learning communities.
- Overseeing School Partnership for Art and Civic Engagement, the MCA's multiyear partnership with Chicago Public High Schools, which embeds an artist-in-residence within a school to foster the creative, intellectual, and civic development of students.
- Directing evaluation efforts for School and Youth Community programs.
- Maintaining strong external partnerships with Chicago Public Schools, creative organizations, museums, and academic institutions.
- Supporting fundraising work of the department and managing the School & Youth Communities budget.
Desired qualifications include a Master’s degree in Education, Museum Studies, Art History or equivalent experience and training; a minimum of five years of management and leadership in the museum or education field; and:
- Understanding of public school systems and curriculum, museological and education theories and practices.
- Exceptional written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working directly with teachers, students, artists, curators, and programmers.
- Expertise in curriculum development as well as conceptualizing and leading diverse forms of learning and engagement.
- Knowledge of museum audiences, contemporary art, and visual culture.
- Ability to synthesize and explain ideas and information clearly
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with evening and weekend availability as required to fulfill responsibilities and for related museum activities. Ability to operate computers, printers, telephones, and lead and attend programs online and in the building required.
Interested? APPLY NOW https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants from our BIPOC, disabled, and LGBTQIA communities as they must be centered in the work we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
Loading Job Application......