Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead is the premier Mercedes-Benz dealership in Metro Atlanta.
At Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead, you can expect to work as part of a talented team of dedicated staff - dedicated to providing excellent customer service on extraordinary vehicles. Our teams work with a collaborative approach and encourages success among each member.
Technicians are tasked with repairing the most challenging and time-sensitive problems that vehicles have when they arrive at the service department. Master technicians also may spend much of their time diagnosing and repairing unusual problems, rather than conducting more routine vehicle service or simple repairs. Our technicians use a variety of computerized systems to complete their work. As with all positions within dealerships, technicians are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
The duties of a technician include but are not limited to:
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to a variety of automotive systems and components as may be necessary.
- Performing safety inspections, basic maintenance and minor repairs as directed.
- Conducting oil changes and lubrication work.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity.
- Inspecting and test-driving new vehicles to ensure that all features function properly.
- Installing optional equipment on new vehicles as specified by the customer or dealer.
- Working alongside an assigned junior technician to teach how to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
Technicians should be certified by The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) in all eight automotive specialty areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual transmission and axle, brakes and front end), and should have at least two years of experience as an automotive technician. Technicians are required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, but also to comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA Right-to-Know regulations and to provide necessary training on these regulations and ethical practices. People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.
Must have at least 2 years of experience as an auto technician; Experience with Mercedes-Benz is preferred
Star or Master Certified Mercedes-Benz Technicians will receive preferential consideration
Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
Good written and verbal communication skills
Good customer service skills
Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
Valid Georgia driver’s license
Professional certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is preferred.
Star or Master Certification by Mercedes-Benz is preferred.
Working in the automotive industry can be physically demanding. Certain positions require employees to spend most of their workday on their feet and to carry heavy and awkwardly sized items. A reasonable level of physical fitness and flexibility is beneficial.
Benefits and Compensation
This position will offer a positive and professional work environment, available health insurance (company participatory), life insurance, options for a 401K, paid vacation and personal time off, and other benefits after the probationary period is successfully completed. Compensation will be hourly plus commissions, with occasional bonuses as provided by management.
Loading Job Application......