LINCOLN PARK ZOO
Lincoln Park Zoo inspires communities to create environments where wildlife will thrive in our urbanizing world. The zoo is a leader in local and global conservation, animal care and welfare, learning, and science. A historic Chicago landmark founded in 1868, the not-for-profit Lincoln Park Zoo, is a privately-managed, member-supported organization and is free and open 365 days a year. Visit us at lpzoo.org.
Lincoln Park Zoo’s Video Intern supports the Video Producer by filming, producing, editing, and delivering high-quality, compelling videos to support the zoo’s mission, vision, brand, community engagement, and strategic goals. This role collaborates with a wide variety of colleagues across the Communication and Marketing department to shape external storytelling and provide video resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work on-site at the zoo twice a week to shoot and edit footage into both short and long form video.
- Collaborate with the video producer by participating in brainstorming and feedback sessions, media management logging footage, creating social media content, and other assistant editing tasks
- Film a wide range of zoo animals, grounds, programs, staff programs, and events, and edit for deployment in the zoo’s owned media channels, brand campaigns, internal requests, or for media relations.
- Support with pre-production, production, and post-production functions, including lighting, audio, equipment set-up, logging and exporting.
- Shoot and share b-roll. Support third-party (broadcast/online media) video production as needed.
- Build foundational knowledge and skills in collaborative production, and post-production workflows
- Learn applications of video in various social media for brand growth
- Explore decision making process with the team through the planning process
- Organize gear cage, update inventory database, track condition of gear, order replacement parts/new equipment
- Performing PA and Grip work on relevant projects
- Serve as still photographer as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1-2 years of production and post-production experience
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Adaptable to fast-paced work environment with quick turnaround time for projects
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written English.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to organize tasks and time to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to interact courteously and respectfully with supervisors, fellow employees, volunteers, zoo visitors and general public.
- Knowledge of appropriate gardening techniques and practices helpful.
Ability to safely and effectively utilize video production equipment, including lighting sometimes weighing as much as 30 pounds. Ability to move about on sometimes slippery, muddy surfaces. Ability to work in all weather conditions. Ability to work on uneven terrain. No allergy to plants or animals which may interfere with the ability to work. Accommodations can be made to support variation in abilities.
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse qualities, perspectives, values and experiences of all people. For Wildlife. For All.
Loading Job Application......