Administrative Assistant/Location Coordinator
Kate Levinson Locations, Inc. | 2155 W Hubbard St, #3 | www.levinsonlocations.com
PLEASE READ THIS ALL THE WAY THROUGH
Levinson Location's core values:
We LIVE to be explorers and detectives. Investigating the unknown with a laser focus on discovery.
We see the forest AND the trees. From the big picture to the smallest detail, it’s all our job.
We build relationships based on openness and honesty. We will never bullshit you. Or anyone.
This position’s primary role is to provide administrative support to Kate Levinson and 5 project managers. This position performs daily and weekly tasks that are required for the office to function efficiently, administers and tracks project-related information, and also completes necessary paperwork for photo and film shoots around Chicago. This position requires strong organization and communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to manage up. You should have an outgoing personality and comfort with navigating unknown situations. We get REALLY slammed in the summer and the people you assist need to be fed, so you should be able to make lunch! This is not a desk job.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This is a crazy industry and last minute changes are the norm. You’ll have to juggle a lot and be comfortable with that
- Submit permit paperwork for photo and film shoots according to city and municipal requirements and deadlines
- Drive around city and suburbs to visit municipal offices, distribute leaflets notifying neighbors of filming, and problem solve with strangers based on production needs
- Communicate with known locations about potential jobs at their property. Follow up with locations that were not ultimately booked
- Maintain and update photo/video shoot calendar
- Schedule scouting trips for the project management team and/or their clients
- Maintain current information about known locations, update photo library and phonebook with newly scouted locations
- Archive project-related files as they are completed
- Light bookkeeping
- Coordinate repair of any damage at locations that resulted from photo/video shoot activity
- Make lunch when its busy
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Coordinate with building management and utilities as needed to keep office running smoothly
- Keep the office clean and tidy, do the dishes daily and laundry weekly
- Excellent organizational skills with incredibly strong attention to detail
- Two years office management or applicable experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Dropbox; generally computer savvy
- Previous experience with CRM software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A persuasive personality
- Vehicle and current driver’s license
- Outgoing personality and comfort in dealing with unknown situations and encounters
- Willingness to ask for what you need to get the job done from both inside the company and out
- Ability to consistently stand and move throughout a location for many hours, including ascending/descending stairs
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across long distances
This position is full-time and salaried. There is potential to move up in the company. Our regular office hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday; some early mornings, evenings, and weekends will be required.
Our expectation from you in this position is that you’ll be the backbone to keep us successful. We will all throw things at you very quickly and expect you to execute and prioritize swiftly and efficiently.
You should love to see things neat and orderly, lest you go insane. You should feel comfortable being delegated to and you should also be comfortable circling back and keeping your project managers on task. We will expect you to remind us to do things, to know where everything is, to have data prepared for us when we need it, and then to tidy up our desks and do the dishes in your down time.
Check out our philosophy HERE. We believe that work should be fulfilling and that the journey is just as important as the destination. We listen to each other, make fun of each other, respect each other, and work hard for each other. There are no mistakes, there are only lessons. If you don’t learn from those lessons, you won’t work out here.
Be open, be thoughtful, be forgiving, be a badass. We look forward to meeting you.
Here is what we need to consider you for the position:
- Your resume
- A cover letter:
- Think about our core values and tell us why you want to work with us. If you don't identify strongly with every single one of them, please do not apply.
- Tell us about a job where you have filled major organizational and task focused roles
- 3 professional references
NO PHONE CALLS! Calling us will disqualify you from consideration.
Loading Job Application......