Career Opportunity - Personal Lines Client Manager (experienced and licensed)
If you seek:
- An employer that invests in (and encourages) your learning and growth.
- A professional work environment where teammates are supportive and accountable.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your clients and community.
- Standard working hours, with options for a flexible schedule.
- A competitive salary with outstanding benefits.
- A family-oriented employer that has been in business for over 60 years
Then, we should talk.
What We are Seeking:
- Self-motivated individuals with an “old-fashioned” work ethic and positive attitude
- A proven ability to support and potentially lead a team
- A quick learner of complex material
- A client-focused professional – who is able to listen, communicate, and utilize technology
This position is directly responsible for assisting in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing insurance accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-first” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of 4 years education or related experience (i.e. insurance claims department, medical office, independent agency, etc.)
- NC Department of Insurance Property & Casualty License OR ability to obtain license within the first 30 days of employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to discuss, support, and sell insurance products in states where the agency functions.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) Applied EPIC, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communication
May have some supervisory responsibilities as the business grows.
- Gathers information and risk management recommendations for new business/renewals
- Works closely with Producers on new prospects to maximize success
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts
- Uses judgement to involve Producer and Management when appropriate on claims, payment problems, loss control, and renewals
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients upon approval of manager
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims
- Completes applications for designated renewal business and analyzes renewal process with Producer to have a common understanding
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Prepares rewrite applications for business through companies no longer represented at least 30 days prior to renewal. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 48 hours of receipt
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency
- Maintains continuing education as needed for insurance license
- Maintains appropriate professional insurance designation (CIC, CISR, or CPSR)
- Performs other functions as assigned by management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, stretch, and walk. Vision requirements include reading a computer monitor, peripheral vision, and the ability to look from screen to objects on desk to visitors walking in the door. Color vision needed. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is frequently performed inside a temperature-controlled office building. Level of noise varies in this fast-paced, busy work environment.
Some local travel may be required.
Want to Learn More:
See specific requirements and learn more about us on our website: jones-insurance.com/about/join our team