Business Insurance Senior Account Manager
Career Opportunity - Business Insurance Senior Account Manager (experienced and licensed)
If you seek:
- An employer that invests in (and encourages) your learning and growth.
- A professional work environment where teammates are supportive and accountable.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your clients and community.
- Standard working hours, with options for remote work and flexible schedules.
- A competitive salary with outstanding benefits.
- A family-oriented employer that has been in business for over 60 years
Then, we should talk.
What We are Seeking:
- Self-motivated individuals with an “old-fashioned” work ethic and positive attitude
- A proven ability to support and potentially lead a team
- A quick learner of complex material
- A client-focused professional – who is able to listen, communicate, and utilize technology
Want to Learn More:
Title: Business Insurance Senior Account Manager
Reports to: Business Insurance Dept Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This position is directly responsible for assisting in the retention of existing insurance accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Communicates consistently and positively with clients to reinforce our “Client-first” service philosophy. Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and office staff. Follows agency established procedures and guidelines to perform assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of 10 years education or related experience (i.e. insurance claims department, medical office, independent agency, etc.)
- NC Department of Insurance Property & Casualty License
- CISR designation preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to discuss, support, and sell insurance products in states where the agency functions.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) Applied EPIC, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others.
- Must excel at being client focused and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communication
May have some supervisory responsibilities as the business grows.
- Gathers information and risk management recommendations for new business/renewals
- Works closely with Producers on new prospects to maximize success
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts
- Uses judgement to involve Producer and Management when appropriate on claims, payment problems, loss control, and renewals
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients upon approval of manager
- Compiles binders and endorsement requests in a timely fashion
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims
- Completes applications for designated renewal business and analyzes renewal process with Producer to have a common understanding
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail, email, and/or phone prior to renewal
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution
- Monitors audits done by carriers and manages the Agency’s handling of these audits
- Maintains continuing education as needed for insurance license
- Maintains appropriate professional insurance designation (CIC, CISR, or CPSR)
- Performs other functions as assigned by management
Occasional travel may be required.
Loading Job Application......