Professional Pet Sitter/Dog Walker
San Diego, CA
JenLovesPets is a locally owned and operated pet sitting & dog walking company. Located in North County San Diego and have been servicing the area for over 12 years. A well established and loved company, voted #1 five years in a row currently hiring exceptional Pet Sitters/Dog Walkers to join our amazing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job is for the person with a huge love for all animals and a love for the outdoors. Pet Sitting and Dog Walking is fun and rewarding but requires hard work and dedication to responsible, thorough pet care. It offers flexible hours that works around your schedule, a professional team (trainer included) that works with each other seamlessly. We are an extended family that will not get in the way of your life. We work hard but don't live to work.
Pet Sitters Responsibilities:
- Service client area - radius - Escondido to Clairemont Mesa, DelMar to Poway
- Work weekdays, weekends and holidays, as work varies based on client needs (flexible schedule)
- Enter the homes of clients and visit with their pets for varying lengths of time (usually 30- 60 minutes each and periodically 15 minutes)
- Walk pets as required
- Feed pets
- Check that pets have ample water supply and refill as necessary
- Make sure no damage caused by pets in the absence of their owners
- Confirm that if any potty accidents have occurred in the homes of our clients to clean up.
- Communicate WELL with clients and with management during visits.
- Read basic dog and cat behavior and communication
- Appropriate pet clean-up as required (i.e. kitty litter scooping when sitting for a cat)
- Make sure pets are healthy and happy.
- Drive to homes on route
Pet Sitters Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have a smart phone and able to use mapquest and apps
- Have your own, reliable mode of transportation to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with this role
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Must be responsible, reliable, and dependable
- Be over 18 years of age
- Must be timely and punctual
- Must be able to self-manage
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Be compassionate about animals and their people
- Understand basic dog and cat behavior and communication
- Feel comfortable working with and interacting with both small and large animals
- Have a clear criminal background check
- Must feel comfortable working with and interacting with both small and large animals
- Able to walk 5 miles a day and comfortable with working while on camera/video in client homes.
Loading Job Application......