Night Blooms Manager on Duty
Department: Guest Services
Supervisor: Director of Guest Services
Supervises: Staff and volunteers working the event
FLSA Salary Classification: Temporary/Seasonal, Non-exempt
Availability: Mid-July through September 2021 working evening hours Wednesday through Sunday. Occasional daytime training may occur.
Night Blooms Summary: Enter a botanical dreamscape where flowers glow from within, birds and insects flit across the night sky, and light transforms the landscape into a new world, waiting to be explored. Night Blooms leads guests on a journey through the Garden after dark, inviting them to see the plants and wildlife in a new light and experience their environment like never before. Through the intricate artistry of handmade lanterns, the living things of the Garden are reimagined, now illuminated, technicolor, and larger than life.
General Summary: The MOD oversees all aspects of running the evening event, “Night Blooms”. They are responsible for making sure staff and volunteers are performing their assigned roles, assist with customer service, problem-solve when needed, and being the point of contact in case of an emergency. They are also responsible for making sure all data is captured and documented each night.
- Learn the staff and volunteer roles to understand the expectations of each position.
- Supervise staff and volunteers providing excellent communication making sure all understand their role and expectations.
- Review and understand all event protocols prior to the shift to ensure seamless execution.
- Ensures volunteers are equipped throughout the event experience.
- Responsible for the final go-ahead for the event to begin.
- Liaison to third parties such as vendors, contractors, and partners to ensure open communication and the best customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of all health and safety protocols.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the highest customer experience by communicating often with contractors and vendors specifically on lighting and safety.
- Address problems and challenges professionally documenting situations that occurred.
- Complete and submit all documentation for injuries and emergencies.
- Report data each night at closing with Guest Services staff.
- Complete and submit the MOD report each evening on Basecamp.
- Must exhibit an outgoing and friendly personality and provide remarkable leadership. Possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to handle high-pressure situations professionally and calmly.
- Must have excellent customer service.
- Must have supervisory experience. Preferred 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Must have a general knowledge of the Garden to be able to answer questions.
- Must be available to attend training in June/July.
Exemplifies Core Values. Highly organized with the ability and experience to manage multiple simultaneous situations while maintaining a high attention to detail. Possesses excellent customer service.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 30 lbs.), and prolonged periods of standing/walking.
- Work Environment: Work is performed in a combined indoors and outdoors setting.
- Equipment: General office equipment, tablets, audio-visual equipment, two-way radio, tablet.
- Schedule: Night Blooms take place weeknight and weekend evenings mid-July through the end of September 2021. Weekly MOD schedules will be created.
Job descriptions are guidelines that attempt to characterize major duties and responsibilities of employees and are subject to change as needs and programs change. At Huntsville Botanical Garden they are considered neither inclusive nor exclusive. It is expected that up to 20% of your duties may change annually
Loading Job Application......