The Account Planner embraces clients and consumers as partners in the process of developing marketing communications, using their input at every stage of the process to inform and inspire creative ideas. The Account Planner interacts with web strategy and development teams, creative and account service teams, and research, media, and public relations personnel. The end result is formulating a plan for directing creative communications with the client.
What will you do?
- Effectively collaborate with and manage agency, client and vendor/partner resources as needed for client success and agency profitability
- Proactively lead, supervise and orchestrate all client and agency resources, demonstrating and utilizing high brand, category and market knowledge for assigned accounts
- Organize account planning activities and define project challenges
- Originate marketing plans and strategy briefs that clearly direct and powerfully inspire outstanding strategic and creative solutions
- Act as the financial brand champion of the overall budget for the brands he or she works on
- Link branding and advertising to broader business objectives
- Work with creative teams and leverages their skills in implementing integrated marketing strategies
- Coordinate research and analysis in the process of developing marketing plans and creative strategies for projects, campaigns and all-encompassing strategic marketing efforts
- Write and present detailed, well-researched marketing plans to agency teams and clients
- Oversee implementation of approved plans and strategies
- Create and manage relationships with client personnel and management, and with consumers when they are involved in the creative planning process
- Oversee focus groups and other forms of primary research
- Understand the impact of the growth of social media and Web Design, as well as how enterprise-wide and internet technologies affect branding and advertising for leading companies
- Aid in developing new plans and strategies
- Bring understanding of client operations and product production to the planning process
- Deep knowledge of online, new, as well as traditional media
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Manage the daily work schedule of the Assistant Account Planner
- Prepare estimates
- Send out timely billing for maximum profitability
- Interact with outside vendors on clients’ behalf
What should you have?
- A Bachelor’s Degree relating to Advertising and Marketing, as well as five years of professional experience
- Understanding of the overall market of the product represented for their client; the competition they are facing, the trends that drive the market forwards and backwards, and the history of the brand
- In-depth experience with integrated marketing programs including strategic development, analysis and implementation
- Deep knowledge and understanding of digital marketing platforms including social media
- Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills, ability to present and articulate persuasive and cohesive presentations and points-of-view that ultimately close the sale
- Track record of strength in business development and financial account growth
- Passion for delivery of world-class integrated marketing plans
- A desire for excellence and a passion to succeed in a fast moving and ever-evolving environment where everyone is expected to be hands-on
- Firm grounding in marketing thought processes, and experience in developing marketing and creative strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft word applications (PowerPoint, excel, etc.)
What do you get?
- Health Insurance (PPO & HSA Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 days of PTO a year
- Free Parking
- Salary based on experience
Who’s in charge here?
Position reports to the designated VP, Director of Account Services
The position is located in Lexington, Kentucky.
***Cornett is committed to moving our industry and our agency toward racial equity. We invite and encourage applicants of all races and perspectives to apply!***
Loading Job Application......