Grand Coast Capital Group is a private real estate investment firm that specializes in direct lending and investing in residential, multi-family, retail, office and other commercial real estate assets. Grand Coast is an opportunistic real estate investor that has successfully launched multiple discretionary, private equity funds, as well as making equity investments in commercial real estate properties in the US and Ireland.
Grand Coast is a direct, balance sheet lender that provides small balance ($100k-$5M) commercial bridge loans to experienced local real estate investors, operators, and developers. We are looking for a seasoned commercial lending professional to work out of our headquarters in Quincy, MA, focusing on the New England market, with emphasis in the greater Boston area.
What you will do:
- Source new business/lending opportunities from a personal network, as well as company-supplied leads derived from the company’s marketing program and other business development efforts.
- Field and screen loan requests to determine if they meet the company’s general underwriting guidelines and if viable, review with Underwriting before proceeding to LOI/underwriting stages.
- Conduct initial valuation of all real estate collateral and creditworthiness of the borrower, including basic reviews of personal and business financial statements.
- Efficiently monitor the entire loan origination process from loan processing through closing, effectively managing customer expectations and monitoring ongoing communications with borrowers in a timely and effective manner.
- Promote the company’s image and brand by periodically representing the company at industry conferences and forums.
- Provide input to assist the company in improving its lending process in order to allow it to maintain the highest level of efficiency and to allocate more time and effort to loan origination and business development activities.
What competencies/skills/personality traits do you need?
- Proven track record of over-achieving through hard work and discipline as a result of a strong desire to succeed
- Resourcefulness backed by a “hunter” mentality in a drive to be a top-earner in the field
- Strong communication and sales skills, with the ability to independently source new business and achieve monthly origination goals
- Focused and well-organized with the ability to “Plan the Work” and “Work the Plan”
- Passion for real estate and consistent pursuit of self-improvement and education
Education and Experience required:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in real estate banking or mortgage underwriting & origination with sound knowledge of real estate valuation and credit analysis
- An existing book of business and/or relationships with local borrowers, brokers, investors and lending institutions
- College degree in real estate, finance or business preferred
- Strong sales and business development background
What we offer:
- Highly competitive compensation package - commensurate with experience
- An opportunity to learn from a team of real estate entrepreneurs and professionals
- The ability to have a real impact, “move the needle” and drive growth
- Health Insurance
- Casual, professional environment
Loading Job Application......