Summary: Acadiana Animal Aid (AAA), a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, is a leading animal rescue agency in the Acadiana region and seeks a Development Director to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director plays a crucial role in the success and sustainability of our animal rescue and shelter. As the Development Director, you will be responsible for leading and implementing comprehensive fundraising and development strategies to support our mission of rescuing and caring for Louisiana shelter pets. This position requires a strong background and experience in fundraising, donor relations, and development, along with a passion for animal welfare.
1. Fundraising Strategy and Planning:
- In collaboration with the ED, lead staff, and board members, develop and implement a comprehensive fund development plan.
- Conduct research to identify potential funding sources and analyze market trends to guide fundraising strategies.
- Set clear goals, objectives, and timelines for fundraising initiatives and regularly evaluate progress.
2. Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential donors, corporate sponsors, foundations, and government agencies.
- Develop strategies to engage donors at various giving levels, including major gifts, planned giving, and monthly membership/recurring donations. Strong emphasis on growing the monthly membership program.
- Create personalized cultivation plans, acknowledgement strategies, and recognition programs to foster donor loyalty and retention.
3. Grant Research and Proposal Development:
- Research and identify grant opportunities from foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Design compelling grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and reports in collaboration with ED and program staff, ensuring alignment with funder requirements and organizational objectives.
- Maintain accurate records of grants, deadlines, and reporting requirements to ensure compliance and timely submission.
4. Fundraising Events and Campaigns:
- Assist the ED and board members in the planning, coordination, and execution of fundraising events and community outreach activities.
- Develop and implement innovative fundraising campaigns, leveraging online platforms, social media, and peer-to-peer fundraising strategies.
- In conjunction with the ED, work with outside marketing agency to develop compelling collateral, promotional materials, and online campaigns to support fundraising efforts.
5. Donor Database Management:
- Maintain a comprehensive donor database, ensuring accurate and up-to- date donor information, gift tracking, and acknowledgement processes.
- Generate regular reports and analysis to track fundraising progress, donor retention, and return on investment.
- Utilize data-driven insights to segment donors, personalize communications, and identify opportunities for targeted fundraising initiatives.
6. Collaborate with the Executive Team:
- Work closely with the ED, Shelter Operations Director, and board members to align development strategies with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Provide regular reports to the ED and Board, presenting fundraising progress, outcomes, and recommendations for improvement.
- Support ED with online fundraising, including email campaigns, newsletter, and social media solicitations.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer committee members related to large scale special events.
- Work with PT social media coordinator to create compelling content for social media platforms.
Present to the Board of Directors and/or the public at speaking engagements, as requested by the ED.
- Bachelor's degree in nonprofit management, business administration, marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience and track record in fund development, including lead development, cultivation, up-leveling, and major gift production.
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, strategies, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling proposals, powerful storytelling, and engage diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software, donor databases, and online platforms for donor management and engagement.
- Working proficiency in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Attendance and participation in board meetings, community meetings and other off-site activities as required.
- An authentic passion for animals and animal welfare.
- An outgoing personality and enjoyment in meeting new people, building relationships, and inspiring engagement.
- Evidence of strategic ability in increasing revenues and meeting goals.
- Solutions-oriented, adaptable, flexible with a positive attitude.
- Strategic thinker with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability and enthusiasm around working with volunteers and staff in all roles.
- Understanding of working with donors and board members and possess excellent judgement to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work around animals (including diseased, injured, and/or aggressive), loud noises, strong smells, and chemicals.
- Must use own vehicle for travel and transport.
- This is a full-time, exempt position of 40+ hours weekly. May include evenings and weekends as required.
- Depending on experience
Acadiana Animal Aid offers 10 days paid vacation and five (5) sick days for employees regularly scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week. Employees begin accruing paid time off (PTO) when hired and are eligible to take accrued time after 90 days of employment. Acadiana Animal Aid observes eight holidays and currently, does not offer medical benefits.
AAA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Loading Job Application......