Diesel Service Technician
Santa Maria, CA
Celebrating over 53 years as a Medium/Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Dealer with 5 locations throughout Central California. For the past 26 years, we have successfully earned the prestigious “Circle of Excellence Award” for Service, Parts, Sales & Rental! Gibbs Truck Centers is honored to be in the TOP 15% of elite dealers nationwide. We represent International, Isuzu, Cummins & Idealease.
Gibbs Truck Centers is looking for a tenured Service Technician, who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas of trucks. Work with terrific people and come be a part of our success story. It's a great place to work!!
What We Offer:
- Vacation & Sick
- Major Healthcare Insurance
- 401k + Employer Match
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment.
- Read job order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to resolve malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Follow checklists ensuring all critical parts are examined.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and adjust as needed.
- Test-drive vehicles to ensure that they run smoothly.
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Attend training classes and keep tabs on factory technical bulletins.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers to increase overall customer happiness.
- Properly complete the service and/or repairs assigned by supervisor.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Participate in, and utilize to the best of one’s abilities, technical training as assigned by management.
- Maintain your designated workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Ensure guest vehicles are returned as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
- Show the utmost courtesy to all guests, visitors and dealership personnel.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s policies and procedures as they relate to labor operations, time and repair order documentation when performing warranty repairs and torque specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum 1 year of Fleet and/or Dealership experience
- Diesel experience and/or knowledge a plus.
- High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent Required
- ASE Certification preferred
- CDL Certification preferred
- Teammate with a strong sense of dedication to the customer and service team
- Self-Motivated & Professional
- Possess own tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and/or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law, status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......