New & Used Truck Sales Consultant
Santa Maria, CA
Celebrating over 53 years as a medium & heavy duty commercial truck dealer with 5 locations throughout Central California. For the past 26 years, we have successfully earned the prestigious “Circle of Excellence Award” for Service, Parts, Sales, Lease & Rental! Gibbs Truck Centers is honored to be in the Top 15% of elite dealers nationwide. We represent International, Isuzu, Cummins, & Idealease.
Gibbs Truck Centers offers an industry Best salary plus incentive tied to results, health insurance, vacation and 401K + 2.5% match available. Work with terrific people and come be a part of our success story. It's a great place to work!! Seeking top talent!! We are looking for an experienced New and/or Used Truck Salesperson to achieve and maintain appropriate levels of gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Approaches, greets and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a truck by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses. Suggests alternative trucks if necessary.
- Exhibits a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Helps with the truck inspection process.
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Must perform sale’s calls by phone.
- Maintain displays on the sale’s floor.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high personal morale & professional customer relations.
- Attain short and long term objectives.
- Operates safely and follows all safety guidelines.
- High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Good computer and systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies
- Shown equipment knowledge
- Knows and understands the federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Product knowledge including features and benefits knowledge of all equipment sold
- Obtain a valid California Salesperson license
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......