Journeyman - Medium/Heavy Duty Commercial Truck
Celebrating over 53 years as a Medium/Heavy Duty Commercial Truck Dealer with 5 locations throughout Central California. For the past 26 years, we have successfully earned the prestigious “Circle of Excellence Award” for Service, Parts, Sales & Rental! Gibbs Truck Centers is honored to be in the TOP 15% of elite dealers nationwide. We represent International, Isuzu, Cummins & Idealease.
Gibbs Truck Centers is looking for Journeyman (Senior Level Diesel Service Technician. This position is responsible for Journeyman level repairs and services on the full line of Navistar products. The experienced technician will perform service and maintenance on components such as engines, transmissions, computer, electrical and brake system repairs. This individual will be responsible for performing the troubleshooting, and for providing quality repairs on diesel engines in the shop. The Journeyman must demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools, perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers, customers and management. Gibbs Truck Centers offers a very competitive salary plus incentive tied to results, Healthcare Insurance, Vacation, Sick, and 401(k) + 2.5% Employer Match available. Work with terrific people and come be a part of our success story. It's a great place to work!!
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Installs optional equipment specified by the customer or dealer.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma and/or GED Equivalent
- Class A License
- Prefer 10 years technical experience
- ASE Certified
- Possess own tools
- Self-Motivated & Professional
- Minimum of 5 years experience working on related equipment
- Proficient experience with OEM Dealer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading Job Application......