Purpose: The purpose fulfilled by the Business Development Manager is to hunt new logo business in the General Informatics territory that you represent. The BDM will be responsible for developing new opportunities in the enterprise and government sector. They will initiate contact, build relationship, make presentations, and manage opportunities to closure.
Job Description: The position of Business Development Manager is one of the most important positions within the company because it is 100% customer facing. This role becomes the face of General Informatics. It is important that the highest degree of knowledge and professionalism is always maintained, while focusing on customer development. A successful Business Development Manager will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications including impeccable selling and prospecting skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a thorough knowledge of the industry and the General Informatics Services Portfolio is a must.
Role and Responsibilities
- Sell enterprise solutions both on premise, near premise and cloud-based services.
- Develop and foster networking opportunities. Constantly build relationships and market General Informatics offerings to potential customers.
- Prospect potential client opportunities that would fit well with General Informatics’ offerings and set appointments weekly.
- Conduct presentations weekly to prospective clients, communicating General Informatics’ expertise that will impact the client needs. Gather needed analysis to identify and present the relevant financial impact.
- Generate revenue to meet sales/profitability goals.
- Communicate the vision and overall goal of your customers to the supporting team within General Informatics through periodic meetings and other formats.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of best practices in Solution Selling
- Aptitude in solving for business outcomes through technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using CRM to manage opportunity tracking and forecast
- 5 years of experience with IT, Software and Cloud services
- Cloud knowledge is preferable
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Advanced problem solving, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposal.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business Management or Sales
- Training in Sales frameworks is a plus such as Challenger, Sandler or Consultative Selling
- Certified Sales Executive (CSE) or Certified Professional Sales Leader (CPSL) preferred
- Education, Certifications or Experience are all preferred but not required for consideration.